Chapter 18

1 month later...

Mjs p.o.v.

I'm now 9 months along. And tomorrow is my due date. May 18th. This is fucking insane. I am so terrified. I'm scared of giving birth. What if there's something wrong with the baby? What if she stops breathing? What it I rip myself apart? What if get loose? What if Peter won't love me and be attracted to me anymore? A few days ago I had my last ultrasound check up. Doctor told me I am already 2 centimetres dilated. But you have to be 10 centimetres to deliver the baby. She said I need to leave for the hospital after my water breaks or if I'm having strong contractions. Right now I'm having tiny contractions every 20 minutes or so. But it isn't unbearable. Yet. However my back is hurting and my feet are swollen. Me and Peter packed mine and babys hospital bags yesterday. We need to be prepared because my water can break any time. Both Peter and May are a big help to me. My dad too. He comes by almost everyday. I've been reading a lot of books for first time moms and babies. The shit I read makes me even more freaked out about everything. My cousin told me giving birth is just like if someone shoved their hands up your ass and pulled your insides out. I'm not only terrified of the birth I'm scared of raising the baby too. How do you raise a child to be a good person? I don't fucking know. Peter however doesn't worry about anything. I haven't told him how terrified I am yet. He is over the moon about the baby. I'm excited to meet her but the fear takes over.

We have everything ready. The nursery, the clothes, the diapers, the baby wipes, the pacifiers, the toys, the bottles. I think I'm going to bottle feed her. I'm up for trying to breastfeed but if it won't work out I'll bottle feed.

I'm siting in the rocking chair in the nursery folding some clothes. I take deep breaths as a light contraction hits me. I'm handling them well. For now. "What you up to baby?" Peter asks walking in "folding up some clothes" I say he kneels down in front of my big swollen baby bump. "Any day now princess" he says and kisses my belly. I smile at him but then I feel my eyes getting teary. He looks up at me and his smile fades away. "What's wrong baby?" He asks concerned "I'm terrified Peter. I'm terrified of giving birth. I'm terrified of raising a child. I'm terrified of motherhood" I cry out. He pulls me into his arms "I understand you're scared. I can't imagine what it is like being you. I know it isn't easy. But I promise you everything will be okay. You'll have me and May there. You'll have medication to numb your pain. Don't worry about the future baby. Everything will be alright. Wanna know why?" He says now looking into my eyes. "Because we're in this together" he says. I smile. "You aren't going to be alone in this" he tells me and kisses my forehead. "I love you" I tell him "I love you more" he smiles. I pull him in for a deep kiss. Hearing him say this to me made me more calm. I'm still cared about the birth but that is normal.

Later...

"Hey guys" May says from the front door. She just came back from work "hey may" I chuckle "how much longer do you think?" She asks putting her hands on my big belly. May is seriously the sweetest. She loves me and treats me as if I was hers. She also doesn't mind me being pregnant. She actually loves touching my baby bump. "Any day" I say "do you think today?" She asks I shake my head "no I don't think so" I chuckle.

We decided to get takeout for tonight. None of us felt like cooking. I love it when we eat takeout and watch dr. Phil. As I'm eating the cheese burger I felt another contraction. This one was a bit more painful. I leaned back onto the couch and just breathed deep. "You good baby?" Peter asks rubbing my back "yeah I'm okay now. Just had a contraction" I say taking another bite of my cheeseburger.

After dinner May headed to her bedroom and we and Peter were still on the couch watching tv. Peter was massaging my swollen feet. "She's kicking" I chuckle. Peter puts his hand on my belly "she must have enjoyed the cheeseburger" he smiles "definitely" I say. Another contraction then hits me. I just breathe. "Remember the breathing exercises baby" Peter tells me. We've watch a lot of videos of how you should be breathing and handling a contraction. I smile and nod. "I have to pee" I say he chuckles and helps me up. I waddle over to the bathroom and do my business after that I look myself in the mirror. Holy fuck I'm huge. I'll get to meet my baby soon. I then feel more pain. But this contraction was so much more painful. "Ahh" I moan in pain and hold onto the sink as I clutch my swollen baby bump. Then I felt it. A clear liquid started pouring out of me. Oh my god. My water broke. Then more pain came. "Oh god fuck!" I say in pain. I can't handle it anymore. "Peter!" I yell out. And hold onto the sink with the other hand. "Peter come quick!" I yell in pain as tears roll down my face "what's wrong?!" He barges in looking concerned and then he sees the puddle of water on the rug. "It hurts so bad" I cry out. "You're okay baby" he tells me and let's me hold onto him. "May!" Peter yells out. I just kept breathing deeply "what happened?" She asks looking at the wet rug. "Mjs water broke" he tells her. "Oh god we have to go to the hospital" she says and let's me hold onto her.

We slowly get to the front door. "You help her to the car. I'm gonna go grab the hospital bags" May says running back up the stairs. I just kept on breathing deeply. Peter helps me into the back seat of the car. He sits next to me. "Tell me when you have another congratulation. We have to time them" he tells me. I would completely forget about that. "Now" I say and breathe deep. Peter counts how many seconds it lasted. "Tell me when you have another one. And hold onto my hand if you need to baby" he tells me. I nod and lean my head on his shoulder. "We really didn't expect you to be arriving today baby girl" I say. Peter then kisses my head "you're doing amazing baby" he tells me. May then gets into the drivers seat. "Let's go get this baby out" she says. Me and peter both look at each other and smile.