Chapter 20

Mjs p.o.v.

"Quick she's opening her eyes" I say looking down at Mary. Both May and Peter look at her. She slowly opens her eyes trying her best to focus on us. "Hi gorgeous" I say softly "her eyes are so pretty" Peter says looking down at our daughter. "You see your mama?" May ask Mary. After looking around for a few minutes she yawns and falls back asleep in my arms.
It's only been one hour since my baby was born. I'm over the moon in love with her. Her skin now changed from pink to light caramel skin colour. Darker than peters. And lighter than mine. She's a perfect mixture. "I think I should head home now. I have to be at the office at 6" May says. "How are you gonna get home?" Peter asks. "I'm just gonna take a cab" she says. "Bye Mary, nana will be back soon" May says and kisses our daughters forehead. "Thank you for being here May" I say. "Of course honey" she smiles "you did amazing" she tells me. I smile. "Bye Pete, take care" she says to Peter and hugs him. After that she left. "We have a baby" Peter says holding Mary's little hand while sitting next to me. I chuckle. I lean down and peck Marys small lips "Mommy was your first kiss" I tell her. Peter chuckles and leans his head on top of mine. "That reminds me" Peter says then getting off the bed. "I got you a push present" he says "a push present?" I ask. "Yeah. It's a gift you give you to your loved one after they gave birth" he says and reaches into his back pocket. Then he takes out a black box and opens it. There was a beautiful sliver necklace. "Peter, that's gorgeous" I say. He smiles "want me to put it on you?" He asks. I nod. I reaches behind my neck and hooks the necklace together. I smile wide. This is so thoughtful of him. "Thank you babe" I say. He smiles and pulls me in for a kiss.

"Babe" I say and Peter looks at me. "I really want a bagel" I say. He smiles "alright I'll go down to the bakery" he says, then pecks my lips and leaves. Now it's just me and Mary. I smile looking down at her. Then I take off her tiny pink hat. She has a lot of dark brown curly hair. I kiss her little forehead. "My baby" I say. I'm the mom of the most beautiful baby. "I love you so much baby girl" I can feel my eyes getting teary "you're so precious. I just want you to know that wherever you are in life I hope you're happy. I'm gonna be there with you every step of the way. Me and your daddy will always have your back baby girl" I say now crying. "My princess" I smile kissing her head. I see her sticking out her tongue. Is she hungry. I think she's hungry "are you hungry?" I ask her in my baby voice. I still can't walk due to the pain from delivery and Peter isn't here so he could make her a bottle. Should I try breastfeeding? I mean it's the most natural and beautiful way of bonding between a mother and a newborn. I pull my gown down more and place her head near my exposed breast. Am I doing this right? I got her mouth to latch onto my nipple and she started sucking. This isn't that bad. "You got it" I smile. It's so simple yet we're bonding. "I'm back" Peter says and walks to me. He smiles at the sight of me breastfeeding our baby. "Should I turn around?" He asks. "You dork. You've seen me naked a million times now" I laugh. Her chuckles "How is she doing?" He asks and runs his hand trough Mary's hair as she eats. "She doing good. She latched on quickly" I say looking down at her. "You're amazing" Peter smiles and kisses me. "I'm so proud of you baby. You carried her for 9 whole months and then pushed her out" Peter says to me. "thanks. I'm proud of myself too" I chuckle. "But it was all worth it" I say looking down at our baby girl. This is the most amazing thing I have ever done in my life.

After she's done eating I lift her off my breast and place her head over my shoulder. I start gently patting and rubbing her back. "You're already the best mama ever" Peter says looking at me. "And you're the best dad" I chuckle. I won't be the perfect mom. But I'll try my best for our baby girl. After that we hear a small burp. I take her back to my arms. "Excuse you" I chuckle. Then Peter takes her into his arms. He looks down at her and smiles "she's so perfect" he says. I lay my head on my pillow and look at my boyfriend holding our baby. "She has your nose" he chuckles "I know and my lips" I chuckle. "I think she's going to look more like you" Peter says. "You're a little Mj huh?" He asks sleeping Mary. I chuckle. She looks so much like me. "Look, that's me as a baby" I show Peter a picture of me as a newborn on my phone. "This is your twin Mj" Peter chuckles. I nod and take a picture of Peter holding Mary. We already took a bunch of pictures of Mary but I just can't get enough of her. "I was so terrified of being a mom and everything. But I just couldn't be more happy she's here and everything will be alright" I smile. "We will figure everything out along the way" Peter says.

He hands her over back to me and Mary snuggles up on my chest. After that I hear a knock at the door. Me and Peter both look at each other confused. Then Peter gets up and walks over to the door and opens it. All I hear is "get the fuck out of my way Parker. I'm here to see my daughter and my grand baby" yup. My dad. I see him walk in with a pink bag and a pink balloon and on it written "it's a girl" I smile. "Oh my god" he says as he sees the small baby in my arms. "Well hello" he says looking down at his granddaughter. "Would you like to hold her?" I ask him. He nods. "Please don't drop her" I hear Peter say. He looks at him "I know how to hold a damn baby Parker" he says and takes our baby into his arms. "Hi" he smiles. Mary slowly opens her eyes and reaches her hand to his face. "I'm your papa" he says to her. "What's her name?" He asks "Mary" Peter says. He smiles down at her "hi little Mary" he says and runs his thumb along her cheek. I haven't seen my dad this soft. It made me smile. "I'm so proud of you baby" he says to me and kisses my head. After seeing me yawn he hands her back to me. "You should probably rest now" he tells me. I nod. "I'll be back soon" he says running his hand through Mary hair. He turns to Peter "You did good Parker" he says patting his back. After that he left.

"We should probably sleep. You must be wrecked" Peter says and rubs my back. I am wrecked. All those contractions and the pushing tired me out. I nod my head "can you place her in the crib for me?" I ask him. He nods. I kiss Mays nose "night nigh" I whisper to her. He takes her in his arms and gently placed her in the clear crib next to my bed. "Nighty princess" he says and bends down and kisses her. He walks back over to me and sits down on my bed. He puts his hand on my right cheek and pulls me in for a passionate kiss. I wrap my arms around his neck and deepen the kiss. We pull apart both breathless. I chuckle seeing his face blushing. "I love you Michelle. And thank you for giving me the most beautiful daughter" he says leaning his forehead against mine. "Wouldn't be possible without you" I smile. He smiles and gives me one last kiss. "Goodnight" he says "night" I smile. He gets off my hospital bed and walks over and lays down on the foldable bed. This is the first time in months since we haven't slept together in the same bed. It will feel weird. I look at my baby girl sleeping peacefully in the clear crib. I smile and soon I fall asleep.

This is a new chapter of my life.