Chapter 4: 'Truth or Dare, McClain?'

Lance's face lit up in excitement. "Dude, I'm so down," Lance said. It was a way to get to know Keith so he liked that idea. Besides, he kind of wanted to know what people said about him.

"You first."

Lance leaned back and thought for a minute. He tried to think about things he heard about Keith within the past few years. People liked to talk a lot about Keith. They only really talked about him because he was one of the few boys openly gay in school. "I heard, you and James Griffin used to be friends."

Keith gagged, he hated James. They always argued and picked on each other. It was a never-ending feud between them. "We were never friends. We went to elementary school together and he always tried to one-up me, but I was better than him in every way and that pissed him off. So when I came out he loved to use that against me," Keith concluded. "Never in a million years would I befriend James."

"He's so full of himself," Lance stated. He laid back on his bed and stared at the ceiling.

Keith laughed. "And you're not?"

Lance took the pillow out from under his head and tossed it at Keith. "No, I'm not! I'm very humble!" Lance said in defense. Lance didn't find himself selfish or anything like that. He cared a lot about others.

"Humble my ass!" Keith threw the pillow back at Lance causing the Cuban boy to laugh.

"Okay, your turn," Lance mumbled as he put the pillow back under his head.

Keith thought for a minute. He had heard a lot about Lance, maybe too much. "You lost your virginity to Nyma in the ninth grade," Keith said softly.

Lance looked up at Keith. "Where did you hear that?"

"That's not the point, is it true or not?" Keith asked with a smirk. He figured from Lance's reaction that it was true. Besides, it's something Lance would do.

Lance's face heated up. "Yes, it's true. Now, where did you hear that?" Lance asked as he sat up a little.

"I have my ways. Your turn." Lance gave Keith an annoyed look that only amused the older.

Lance took a minute to think a little. "You made out with Marilyn at Allura's party last year?" Lance asked as he rose an eyebrow at Keith.

"Yeah, that's true."

Lance's eyes went wide. "What? I thought you were gay?" Lance asked. His voice expressed how shocked he was.

"I am, doesn't mean I'm not a good kisser," Keith murmured with a soft smile. Lance just continued to give Keith the same look. "I was high and we were playing spin the bottle, calm down."

"You confuse me, Mullet," Lance whispered while shaking his head.

Keith tilted his head to the side. "So you're saying you wouldn't just kiss a guy?" Keith asked.

"No, dude, I'm straight," Lance claimed.

Keith giggles a little. He felt like that was a load of bullshit. "Being gay, I have a pretty good gaydar, and I happen to not believe that."

Lance smiled and shook his head. "I'm absolutely positive I'm straight."

"Have you ever kissed a guy?"

"No."

Keith turned his head to the record player when Chlorine came on. As much hype as this song had, it was pretty good. Not Keith's favorite, but it was really good. Keith got up and walked to the record player. He turned it up a little. "So then how do you know?"

"Because I like girls. I'm not attracted to guys like that," Lance said. He sat up and leaned against his headboard, watching closely as Keith walked back to the bed. Keith made eye contact with Lance. "Stop looking at me like that."