Chapter 1 - GirlFriends

CHAPTER 1

GIRL-FRIENDS

I smiled as I stare at my reflection in the mirror. This young lady with middle-length dark blonde hair is currently wearing a deep v-neck, metallic rose gold, silky, custom-made long gown. Her newly painted nude nails also match the color of her 6-inch high heels.

She's ready to conquer and she's more determined than ever.

"Perfect, as always!" I muttered, appreciating how good I look today.

"It'll only be perfect if you win this year..." My bestfriend Tiffany pointed out as her new hairdresser fixed her long brown hair into a neat bun. Nagsuot na rin siya ng malalaking white pearls necklace. She looks like Audrey Hepburn in her style today.

Tiff is like my twin sister, my go-to person, and my favorite human in the world. We have the same fashion taste and we do things together since we were kids.

Ang pinagkaiba lang halos namin ay may pagka-OC siya. She likes to organize things. Lagi siyang may planner at nakaayos doon ang mga gagawin niya sa susunod na mga araw. I can't ever do that. I'm too lazy to plan things ahead.

Parehas din kaming only child kaya nagkakasundo talaga kami. She's the heiress of their family's shoe company while I'm the only legal successor of mom's fashion line 'Cassy' and my father's oil and shipping company 'Grimshaw Corp'.

We both decided to dye our hair for the event tonight. Naturally black ang wavy hair ko but I want some major change so I chose to be blonde starting today. My Dad's actually against it. He tends to be strict and a killjoy but at the end of the day, I still won the argument. Bagay naman sa akin kaya hinayaan niya na lang din.

My Mom Cassandra on the other hand supported me from the start. She likes spoiling me a lot! Last week, she even bought me a new car as a gift since I got straight A's on my exams. A Brown 2020 Lamborghini Aventador SVJ!

Of course, My Dad didn't approve it. Delikado lang daw iyon at hindi ko naman kailangan since may mga drivers ako. Ang akin naman, all my friends have one. Ayoko naman syempreng magpahuli! What's the point of having billionaire parents if you're not going to spend their money, right?

I guess kaya ganyan si Daddy is because he grew up poverty-stricken. His family is from the middle class pa before, kaya kahit ilang taon na siyang successful ay nakasanayan niya na ang pagtitipid. Unlike my Mom na may generational wealth. She's just as spoiled as I am when she was young.

"I will win, don't worry," I answered confidently while trying to call our other friends. They're supposed to be here by now. Where the hell are they?

"Iris said she won't be coming here. Magkita-kita na lang daw tayo sa party," Tiff mumbled.

"And why would that bitch ditch us?" Usapan na namin na sabay sabay kaming magpupunta sa event.

"I dunno, she said she's busy."

"Busy doing what? Dry humping her boyfriend?" biro ko. Dry humping because they can't do anything more than that. Kailangan nila ng energy mamaya.

"HAHAHA! That's a good one!"

Iris is only one from our group with a serious love life. She's been dating Dashiell for a year now. Swerte nga ng kulot na 'yon, nakahanap ng loyal kahit na ang tahi-tahimik!

Well, I must say, I have a part on it. I played cupid. Ako ang mutual friend nila na naging tulay upang magkakilala sila, hehe.

"Sorry I'm late, I had a few problems with this stupid black gown. It won't fit earlier! Can you girls believe I gained 2 kilos this month? The f*ck!" Ava barged in the room like the drama queen that she is.