Chapter 42 - Balance

CHAPTER 42

BALANCE

"Good morning, Ms. Grimshaw. Welcome back to the Montealegre Jewels!" one of their employees greeted me as I arrived at their shop. I just smiled and followed him inside.

The Montealegre's are the Monteffiore's distant relatives. Let's just say our ancestors are really good business men. No one was left behind. Lahat ng mga kadugo namin ay naging successful sa kani-kanilang mga linya. Soon, my cousin will manage all of this, taking over their family's legacy.

"It's been a while since you visited us, Ms. Grimshaw. We're thrilled to see you again here." I'm a VVIP here cause I always buy my high-end pieces of jewelry in their shops.

"Yeah. I was grounded."

Natawa siya. "But you're just in time, Ma'am. All the imported new ones arrived yesterday," The guy happily informed me.

"Good." Good for now.

Once my father sees the amount of money I'm spending today, he'll raise his voice at me and give me a long life lesson for sure. He'll also probably going to take my cards away from me again. But you know what? I don't really care.

I need this. I'm just so stressed out with this thing with Zin that I decided to do something to take my mind away from it. And since shopping makes me happy, that's what I'm doing today.

Pagbukas ng pintuan sa second floor ay bumungad kaagad sa akin mga kumikinang na diamonds na handang akitin ako.

I miss this. It's been so long.

"This is a 4 millions pesos, 18 karats white gold---"

"I'll take it," sagot ko agad. I can wear that ring to the next event Senyor will be organizing.

"Also that one, and that one. That too." Sunod sunod na turo ko. "Also that set. Ohhh I love that two-stone diamond necklace! I want one of that!"

"Nice choices, Ma'am. Maybe you'd also like this ruby necklace?"

"Sure, put it on my list."

Naglakad na kami papunta sa kabilang wing at tinitigan ko ang lahat ng iyon. I stayed quiet for a second before turning around and facing the guy assisting me. My parents will disown me for this.

"I'll take all of it."

Napanganga siya. "All of these, Ma'am----" Bigla siyang napatigil nang may lumapit sa kanya at bumulong sa tenga niya. "Ms. Cayanne Leigh, your mother's here."

Bago pa ako maka-react ay dumating na ang nanay ko. She's wearing business attire that screams 'I'm the boss'. She looks really superior.

Mukhang papasok pa lang siya sa office pero nabalitaan niyang nandito ako kaya dito siya dumiretso. I frowned when she raised an eyebrow at me.

How the hell did she know where I am and what I'm doing?

"Can you please give us a minute?" My mom asked and the guy immediately left us alone, closing the door behind my mother.