Chapter 5

"Damn it, what the fuck is wrong with me?"

Sighing in an annoyed frustration, I lay on my bed staring up at the ceiling above me. Raising my hands up, I run them through my black hair. Closing my eyes, I keep seeing the same very image in my mind.

"Fuck." Growling I sit up. "What the fuck is happening to me?"

Loud noises erupt from downstairs, however those don't even enter my mind at the moment, like it normally would.

Squeezing my eyes shut, I only once again see the image of Havenbrook late at night during the storm. It was as if I could almost smell that sweet scent once again. Hear his voice. The way his soaking wet golden hair, shone in the nightly moonlight. The way his wet clothes clung to his slightly smaller body.

"FUCK!" My crimson eyes fly open, as I yell out in frustration. The feeling of electricity runs through my hands, as I watch sparks emit from them. Taking deep calming breaths, the electricity flow goes away.

"Drake?" I could hear Logan's soft voice speak from outside my door. "You alright?"

"Fine, I'm fine." Growling out, I knew Logan wouldn't believe any of that.

"You sure?" Already I could hear the caring concern in his soft voice.

"Yah." Grumbling, I stand and walk over to my door and open it as I see my worried cousin.

"Look, if this is about last night, Blayze is alright. Especially after we all fed off that human you brought for us."

"Logan, I said I was fine." I flash a sharp glare towards him, before I look away.

"If you say so." Logan gives me a pained smile. My eyes go back to him, as I watch him reach one of his hands out to place on my arm. However he only tenses and instantly pulls it back. "Sorry." He whispers as he steps away from me to enter his room once more.

"Logan!" I grabbed his arm, which was covered by his sweater. "I told you before, it does not hurt me." I took my hand and grasped his to prove my statement. The moment my skin touched his, I instantly felt his icy powers flow from his form and into my body.

"STOP IT!" Logan pulls his hand free from mine. "You may be the strongest out of us Drake, but look." I followed his gaze and I saw my hand turned blue from his frosty touch. "Even you aren't strong enough to touch me, without my power harming you." I hate always hearing the fear and pain in his voice, when he spoke of such things.

He made quick work of entering into his room, as he shut the door, once more isolating himself from us.

"He hates his life, his power scares him far too much. No matter what we can do or say, he will never change his ways." Turning I see Hayden standing there. I look back down to my hand, seeing it is already once more back to normal.

Sighing I walk down the hall and towards the stairs with Hayden beside me. "So what happened to you last night?" I met his one green eye, as he looked at my quizzically.

"Nothing happened." I spoke calmly. "I hunted, and fed off a stupid filthy human, than I brought you all a human to share."

"Yet you were gone most of the night. Your hunting never takes you that long, as you never want to be that close to the town. But yet you didn't return here, until just before sunrise."

Shrugging my shoulders I look off. "Whatever." I whisper as I step off the final stair, then walk into the living room and sit down on the couch.

"Hey Drake, Hayden." Looking over, I watch Xavier walk in carrying Hazel in his arms. He sat down on the floor, and placed her down while playing with her.

"Where is your brother?" I found myself asking curiously.

"No idea, think he got bored, and went for a walk in the forest. Probably seeing if he can hunt any foolish humans who enter the forest." Xavier lay down on his back still on the floor, while allowing Hazel to jump up onto his chest. She nuzzled her furry face against his, then curled up on him. "Hazel says she did see Blayze leave the cabin."

Nodding my head, I soon lean back and lay my head against the couch, as I sit there in silence.

...

As sunset slowly approached, I grabbed my leather jacket and threw it on my body.

"Where are you going?" Turning I see Blayze watching me curiously, with his bluish green eyes. His body was leaning against the wall, his arms were crossed as he eyed me closely.

"Just for a walk."

"Want company?" Blayze grinned at the idea. This was just like him. Even though I hurt him yesterday, he always comes back the next day, as if nothing happened. "We could go hunting together, find a poor human and torture them, until they beg for death."

"As tempting as that sounds Blayze, I just want to be alone for a bit."

"No worries Drake." He grinned at me. "Have a good walk then." He pushed his body off from the wall, and entered the living room, leaving me alone to exit the cabin.

Walking along the dark forest, I near the edge of the tree line. Stopping myself I shake my head. "Honest Drake, what the fuck are you doing?"

I could see the town of Havenbrook through the trees, I never come here except only when I need to hunt. But I don't need to feed, I groan knowing exactly why I was here. I needed to see that human again. This thought alone sickens me. But nevertheless, I walk out from the forest shadows, and down the streets of the silent town.

Nearing the home he entered last night. I stop myself, as I can already smell his sweet scent hit me. Fuck, why does this human smell so alluring? No human has ever smelt as sweet as he does.

With his house now in my sight, I notice a light still on in one of the second floor rooms. I stand there, eyeing the window not sure what I was doing.

"What the fucking hell am I doing? I should turn around and go back." I mutter under my breath to myself. "This is so stupid."

About to turn around to leave, I freeze. In the window, I now saw his golden hair appear. I disappear into the shadows, as I watch him walk to the window. He stands there silently, his hands resting on the windowsill as he stares out at the night sky.

There was definitely something different about this human, compared to the others I have ever seen. There was something about this one human, that drew me into him. Making me feel that I needed to know more about him.

So I remained where I was, as I watched him gaze out at the sky. He gave off a look that he was longing for something, that he was missing something from his life. I absolutely hated that I felt like I was being pulled towards him.

After a while of watching him, he turned from the window and soon the light in the room turned off. At that very moment, it was as if my body had a mind of its own. I stepped from the shadows I hid in, and walked up to the small house. The room the human was just in, I noticed the window was still slightly opened. Without even thinking about what I was doing, I climbed a tree next to the house, then jumped across to the window itself.

Pushing the window open slowly, as to not make any noise. I soon pull my body inside of the house, and let my combat boots step down onto the floor of the room. Standing up straight, I inhale a deep breath, and I am only met with that same alluring scent. At this very moment I could only think of one thing, and that was, that I needed to know who this human was.

...