5

Averys POV

"It's so confusing because I don't want to hurt anyone but I am! I'm getting hurt too, I seriously can't date anyone. All of my private life is very much open, Mattia is always on my mind when I'm texting Hector, people found out my song was about him!" I said all in one breath while rinsing off the soap from my body. Taylor was sitting on the table in my bathroom listening to me vent this whole time. She's really helpful when it comes to this.

"What did Hector say? Was he hurt?"

"Taylor, he was so excited for me to release the song. I only sent him a short clip of it a couple days before, then he heard the whole thing and automatically knew it was about Mattia. Ever since that day, two days ago, he's been texting me less.....Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why would I start something with someone if I was just going to hurt them in the end? I thought I could do it.." I grabbed my shampoo bottle and rubbed some in my hair with my eyes closed.

"Maybe you crave attention..Maybe you're just the type of person that is happy with a man by her side, and you know who it is. As much as you don't want it to be true, it's still going to be true. But, I think you should try to forget it. Forget them and focus on yourself, or just do what you want to do. Just like you said in your song, you have to go your own way to figure some things out." Ive been asking myself what I've wanted to do for a long time. I just don't know, everything is so confusing lately. I hate him but I love him.

"How could I just forget him? He was my first love and I was his. I know that he still loves me and I know he wants it. We have so many memories that I'll always hold on to." I cut off the water and stepped out of the shower. She handed me my towel then got back on top of the table.

"You're like...hypnotized by him. I will admit I miss the old times. I miss when all of us would get together and hang out and Id see you guys so happy together. It's the happiest I've seen him in years Avery. Plus his mom loves you, how could you leave that?" She smiled and walked out to leave me alone so I could get dressed. I sat down on my sink and thought about everything. My phone started ringing with texts so I picked it up.

from
hector💛
i've been doing a lot of thinking and i think we should just be friends at this point
17 minutes ago

you seem to really be in love with someone else so i'm walking away
12 minutes ago

please don't hate me avery
6 minutes ago

your song is amazing btw and you're voice is beautiful
1 minute ago

I sat there just staring at my screen thinking of what to say. We weren't dating or anything so this shouldn't be hard for me, it sure as hell wasn't for him.

thank you and I was thinking the same. i'm sorry for leading you on and i feel really horrible. i never meant for any of this to happen to you hector. and i hate that you had to find out this way. and ofc we can stay friends

I let out a sigh I didn't know I was holding and turned off my phone. Just as I set it down, Mattia was calling.

"What could he possibly want?" I asked myself.

I picked up and immediately heard heavy breathing and him having a hard time speaking.

"Um.." I was trying to figure out what was happening. Did he mean to call me? Is this a prank? I don't know.

It look me a while to realize he was crying. I've seen and heard it before but it was never like this.

"You are golden." He said with his voice shaky. I stood there confused.