10

Averys POV
Two days before Averys 17th

Today was the college fair for the juniors and we were also having a bake sale to raise money for the senior class. I made cookies with Mattia. Kairi and Aileen made cake pops.

Taylor and Vic just helped set up the tables after school. Our table was set up next to Jennas table with her friends from cheer.

"Shes always whispering and giving me bad looks during practice." Taylor said while rolling her eyes. I sighed and laid out all the cookies. "I'll literally beat the shit out of her."

"Sometimes people have a hard time letting go cause they're just bored with their lives." Mattia came in with the last container.

"These cookies look amazing Avery! The packaging is beautiful. Guess you can do something other than sing. Bye!" One of my teachers said to me. I didn't know if I should be offended or take it as a compliment.

"Um she also models and she's gonna act soon!" Mattia yelled out. She didn't hear but it was okay. I didn't really care.

People started coming in and out of the doors. Our cookies were selling and it made me really happy.

"Oh you don't want those store bought cookies, they're probably not even good. You should get some of my cupcakes!" An annoying voice chimed in. The person was so confused on what to do.

She walked over to Jennas table and bought her cupcakes instead.

"This can't be fair.." I whispered to Mattia who was giving her a dirty look.

"It's okay babe." As soon as he finished his sentence he covered his mouth and his eyes were popping out. I could tell he was blushing under there. I'll be honest it felt nice to hear it again.

"I- It just slipped out. I'm sorry." He quickly apologized.

"It's okay...I miss hearing it." I smiled at him. He smirked and put his hand on my thigh. It caught me by surprise.

As I was talking to a customer he kept going up higher and higher and they could tell.

"Are you okay?" They asked before leaving. I nodded my head and they walked off.

"What are you doing?" I snapped at him.

"You're not the only one missing things." He seductively whispered in my ear. I could see Jenna and her little friends cringing at us.

I got up and stood in front of the table. I swear I might do something unholy if he does that again.

He sat back with his arms folded and that stupid smile on his face that I love.

Good thing this was almost over and I could go home and think about it all night.

I was looking around and noticed Kairi's table was empty meaning they sold everything. They saw me walking over while they were cleaning their table.

"I was thinking after this we go get some food. I'm fucking starving." Kairi complained. Aileen rolled her eyes. Something seems off with them today. They've barely been talking and the whole time they've been making sales, their conversation seemed forced.

Kairi noticed and I saw him make an upset face. His feelings are very soft when it comes to her. I'll ask him about it later if we're alone.

"No I actually have a lot of work to do tonight, I'm sorry."

"I'll do it with you!" Kairi said so fast I could barely understand. Aileen walked away with everything then we saw her leave the school.

"Do you want me to treat you like I did with Vic when she got her heart broken? I bought a lot of food and she ate her feelings." I said to Kairi. He had a small smile on his face and nodded his head.