20

song of the chapter
black and white
by Niall Horan

Averys POV
TWO WEEKS LATER

Ever since the night of the dinner, Mattia has been silent on social media. He's barely posting on anything but if he is, it's most likely an ad for a sponsor. They look very forced and you can see sadness in his eyes.

I don't regret a single word I said to him that night. He started all of this and he can suffer.

At school he hangs with his regular group but it's not the same. Even when I'm hanging out with them I can see the difference.

This all would've never been happening if he wasn't such a baby about me hanging out with Adrian last month. Me and him aren't even an thing. I found out he was using me for followers and bragging to people about how much he's gained from me. It's sad.

I was currently at the mall with Kairi and Alvaro christmas shopping.

"Who'd you get for secret santa?" Kairi asked me. We decided that this year we would do secret santa with the whole group, and to my luck, I got satan himself.

"The devil." I cringed. I wanted to switch so bad when I found out. I didn't want to spend any other dollar on this guy but rules are rules.

His list had some expensive ass things on there. Like a new game console and a whole bunch of shoes. Our spending limit is $350.

"I got Taylor." Alvaro frowned. "Me and her aren't even close and I don't know what to get her." He looked at her list and I helped him with it.

We picked out some cute shirts and skirts for her. Some accessories like scrunchies, hoop earrings, necklaces, and small nail polish bottles that I thought were cute.

"I said to do the draw again because I got my girl." Kairi laughed. His basket was full of small gifts for her and he also bought her a lot of gift cards to her favorite stores.

I sighed and excused myself. This mf put an apple watch on his list..

And I think of my list that only asked for Marc Jacobs perfume, candles and phone cases...Maybe I didn't add enough. Well I hope whoever got me goes over the top.

While we were dating, he would always talk about these beautiful purple and black nike sneakers that he wanted. I saw they were on his list and thought I would buy them for him along with some socks.

I thought about all the clothes of his that I burned a couple months ago, which are on the list. He was being real petty with it, almost like he knew I was going to get him.

As I'm walking to the store I see two boys walk into the building from a distance. I realize it's Alejandro and Mattia. I did post on my story that I was here and the first person to see was Mattia...

I wanted to smack Ale. I just found out he said I belonged to the streets. He was probably just saying it to motivate Mattia at the time but he could possibly still be mad at me since I kinda broke his heart..

They waved me over and I nervously walked over to them.

"What's in the bag?" Ale smirked and tried to take it from me. Mattia kept his distance and stood back away from us.

"You shut the fuck up, I don't belong to the streets, and it's none of your business what I have in here." His face went pale. Me and Mattia couldn't help but laugh.

"Okay I'm sorry I said that but my boy was hurting so I needed to cheer him up. Anyway, you shopping for secret santa?" By now, Mattia has wandered off and he was no where near.