18

me pregunto qué hubiera pasado
Si estuviésemos juntos
Aún enamorados
Todavía yo te espero
Aunque yo sé que tú no vas a volver

Mattias POV

So far everything hasn't been going so smoothly. I fuck up so many times yet I still don't learn from my mistakes.

I kept everything that Avery has ever given me and all the pictures we've printed out together, I still have them.

Seeing her the other day at my dads restaurant definitely caught me off guard. I've said so much fucked up shit about her and to her face. She didn't even look upset. And to mention those pictures she posted later that night...

I really need to clear my head.

I got up and grabbed my phone off the charger. I decided to answer some dms and talk to my fans. The first one I clicked was a gc with two other girls and the rest of the boys I'm assuming.

@1: yeah i love mattia but he's so dumb

@2: i agree. for them two i think it's a 'right person, wrong time' situation
like you've seen the posts with them together and how they would act side by side. they're obvi soulmates

@1: if avery doesn't take him back i will 😌

@2: you'll be his punch bag 💀

@mattiapolibio: y'all talk a lot

@2: oh shit..

@1: mattia don't stress. we've seen your spam posts 😳 knowing you guys you'll be back together for the millionth time 😭

I left the dm and moved to something else.

message from
taylor
me and vic are gonna pic you up! we gotta talk.

ok

I got up and changed into fresh clothes. My parents weren't home so I didn't have to ask to leave right now.

There was a little anxiety. I kept reading the message over and over again. What does she need to talk about?

Her car rolled up in front of my house and I headed out there. We greeted each other but the rest of the ride was silent. I didn't want to talk because I didn't know what to say. There was a lot on my mind.

We made it to the schools track. The football team was out there closing up practice.

"Ooo I heard Noah is having a New years party. He's so hot." Vic basically drooled over him as he walked back into the building.

The sun was setting creating this beautiful yellow/orange pattern in the sky. I got out of the car with the girls and we walked to the bleachers.

Taylor went all the way up to the very back while Vic stayed down and took pictures with the sunset.

"So what did you have to talk about?" I asked.

"You."

"And what about me?" I sat there waiting for her response.

"When was the last time you texted or even talked with Avery?"

"Are you serious? She's fine without me. I said fuck her and that's it. Fuck Avery."

"You know that's not the case." She rubbed in my face. Yeah it isn't but it's not our time.

"Nah she put me through a lot."

"What did she put you through?" Taylor laughed. I would too because I know what I said was some bullshit.

I kind of wanted to know how Avery was doing or if she was talking to Adrian but I didn't want to make it seem like I cared.

"She wants to be friends!" Vic yelled from the bottom. I could see Taylor nod her head from the side.

"Yeah, I don't know if you saw but I was also in that group you texted today. I agree with those girls."

"You know I'm just a 17 year old who's still growing and maturing and learning so I just think we should drop the topic of me and Avery because it's over." I got up and walked down the steps. This is too stressful for me.

"Where are you going?" She shouted.

"Home." I opened the gate and started walking back to my house.

I got the notif that Avery just made a post and I opened it. Immediately the first thing I saw was a comment from fucking Adrian. 'Cute'

At least put a heart or something she deserves everything..

It makes me wonder if Taylor knew that Avery and Adrian were talking and didn't tell me, or how she'd know that Avery wanted to be friends. I decided not to comment on the post because it would just be all over ttr.

Kairi was across the street with Aileen also walking. I crossed the street and caught up with them.

"Wassup? We were just going to the diner, wanna join?" We dapped up and stepped back.

"Nah I don't wanna third wheel. I just wanted to say hi."

We parted our ways and I realized I was on my block already. My parents most likely just got home because they were outside.

"Guess who we ran into at the store?" My mom asked with a big smile. She better not say who I think it is.

"Avery?" I asked. She nodded and walked over to me.

"I invited her and her family over for dinner tomorrow so cut the shit and be nice okay?" My dad chipped in.

This can't be happening.

+

sorry for the short chapters lately. i feel bad for not updating daily and a short chapter is better than nothing.
also
unfortunately for mattia there is no undo button LMAOO why tf would he do that to his hair

+

picking out the lyrics for the chapter was hard. i wanted to put the whole song 😭 UGH