21

song of the chapter
right back
by a boogie ❤️

Averys POV
Two days until gift exchange

"What are your expectations for tonight's reading?" Taylor pointed her camera at me and at the building we were parked in front of. I've been dreading this all day and it's been on my mind bothering me.

"I don't know..I just hope I get good news, nothing bad." I shrugged. She decided to make this a series on her channel and Stella has been working to get some famous people to get on it.

We walked into the place and were greeted by her aunt and some of her workers. Its so late at night, I'm surprised they're still here.

Her aunt, who has been called Rose, had the weirdest but biggest smile on her face when she looked at me. It did creep me out a little.

"You must be Avery! I love your music." She grabbed my hand and took us to a back room. There was red tapestry hanging on the walls and the ceilings. It smelled good in there though. Everything just gave me such a weird feeling.

Her aunt has big curly hair. She had on a black poncho and red bottoms. The eye makeup is what creeped me out the most. Her eyes were outlined with black and it was thick. Her red lipstick stuck out the most though.

"Who is doing the reading first?" She got comfortable in her seat on the other side of the table while me and Taylor were both sitting in front of her.

"I guess I'll go.." I let out a big breath and helped Taylor set up the camera. Rose grabbed my hand and stared into my eyes. She breathed in and threw her head back.

What the fuck.

"I see a big white light. I saw it when you walked in, that's why I was smiling so big. Do you have a family member who has passed away?"

I felt my heart drop deep into my stomach and the room immediately got cold.

"Y-Yes my dad died when I was two months old. Why?" How could she know?

"He says hello.." I got the chills. I wanted to leave, this was crazy. She could've easily looked me up and saw it online.

I started crying a little and Taylor handed me a tissue. She let go of my hand and continued speaking.

"He wants you to know that he's always been with you. He misses your touch and that he's extremely proud of you." I nodded while crying, I didn't know what to say or do.

"I also see a very bright future. You're going to be very famous, more than you are now, I see a lot of money and happiness coming your way."

"Is there a love in her life, Titi?" Taylor asked. I looked at her and she quietly laughed to herself.

"Yes. You've met your soulmate. But you guys are in a bad place. Right person, wrong time. He wants you to know that he's sorry and has loved you since the day he's seen you."

Hah! Sorry my ass.

"I know things seem bad but I want you to know that they can and will get better. This isn't your downfall. It's just the obstacles of life being thrown at you, Always remember, god won't give you anything you can't handle." She rubbed my shoulder and gave me a warm smile.

"Thank you. Could you see how many kids I'm gonna have?" I asked.

"Two. One boy, one girl. The girl will be older of course. It's all in the lines in your palm."

Wow. I'm happy about the money thing and the happiness coming my way. I'm still a bit shaken up from her telling me my dad said hi. It's all so new and weird to me.