merry christmas

Extra chapter:
four months later

Averys POV

"Look at my baby growing." Mattia rested on his elbows and kissed my belly. I was showing a little more now but it's still a small bump.

"Our baby." I corrected him while twisting his long hair in my fingers.

Vic and Taylor are decorating our roof right now for our gender reveal. Mattia and I are team blue. Kairi and Aileen are team pink.

It felt good to have Kairi living near me again. I literally show up at his apartment unannounced all the time and I have my own key.

My mom, Izzy, and Mar are all in the guest rooms just waiting for this to start, as are Mattias parents. I remember the day I told my mom that I was pregnant. She was so happy for me like I knew she would.

Now, all her and Mattias mom do is talk about the future of our baby. What they might look like, who they might be more attached to, where we're all going for a family vacation next year, etc.

Lucia has been by my side this whole time too. Always making sure I'm eating or going out at any time of the day if I have a craving, but that's only when Mattia isn't here. Sometimes he has to show up to sports events even though he quit, or has a meeting with his mom for their clothing line, and he wouldn't be home for a couple of days.

"Our little bean."  He kissed my belly getting up and going to the bathroom. I sighed and threw my head back.

"Babe in just a few minutes we're gonna know if we're having an Angelo or Aurora."

Even after all these months I still think about the dream Mattia told me he had a couple months ago. I remember he told me he was with a baby girl and her name started with an S.

"Mattia, we haven't decided on baby names yet." He's been pushing Angelo on me for weeks now. I do like it but I feel like we should consider other names.

"Nah my boys gonna be Angelo." He said. I rolled my eyes and laid on my side.

This pregnancy has been hard on me, especially the beginning. I would get horrible cramps and be spotting all the time, I thought I was having a miscarriage. Everything I eat makes me want to throw up immediately after. My mood swings have caused a couple of arguments with Mattia but he knows it's just a pregnancy thing.

Also not being able to record songs right now really bummed me out. I have so many new ones written I just wanna record but it's a little stressful and I don't want the baby to be stressed.

"Av, how many people are coming?" He shouted from the bathroom.

"It's just family and friends...like 12 people." I liked that this celebration was kept small, and that I'm sharing it with people close to me instead of everyone coming. I mean the other people are gonna hear it from the internet anyway so they don't have to be here.

"Taylor texted me. She said it's ready and everyone is here." Mattia came out the bathroom and his hair wasn't messy anymore. I grabbed the end of my dress and pulled myself off the bed.

"You still team blue?" I asked him.

"Definitely. Angelo is in there." Mattia grinned.

I laughed. He grabbed my hand and we walked up the metal stairs to the roof top.

There were blue, pink, and white balloons of all sizes everywhere. A gift table was set up with diapers and baby wipes. I still can't believe I'm having a baby sometimes.

Emily came running to me with big, open arms. I embraced her in a warm hug while Mattia left and stood around with his boys.