58

Averys POV
NYE

Today felt like the longest, and coldest, day ever. Worse part is, Mattia hasn't texted me all day so I hope he has a good reason why because I know today is his day off.

"Are you ready?" Vic came rushing into my dressing room. I turned around and nodded.

"Who's on right now?" I asked her.

"Ella Mai, but you're up in like six minutes." She smiled big. I let go of a breath I didn't know I was holding.

I turned back to the mirror to look at my outfit one more time. It's not dramatic but I know I look good.

She kept smiling like she wanted to tell me something, and it looked creepy

"What?" I nervously laughed.

"You'll see." She ran out and left me there alone. I brushed it off and went over the short choreography before leaving the room and getting in my place.

As soon as I walked out, Jennifer Lopez passed by in front of me and I felt myself freeze in that moment. Suddenly all those childhood memories where I would dance in my room with my mom to her music came flooding in my head.

Shes 100x more beautiful in person than on screen. I held myself together and kept walking.

"You nervous?" Someone asked from behind. She was dressed fancy, maybe she was a performer tonight too.

"Uh- Yeah." I said.

"I know you...You're on tour right?" She sat down but kept an eye on me.

"Yes, but I'm actually on break right now, it starts back up next week though."

"You shouldn't be nervous, I'm sure you'll do fine. Good luck!" She got up and left.

"You're up Castano." Some guy when a headset said pushing me.

He opened the door and I walked out hearing everyone yelling my name. I quickly hugged and held hands with some of the people there while I walked to the stage.

This didn't feel like my usual show back on tour. Of course it wouldn't, there was huge cameras everywhere, millions of people covering the streets of New York City, little kids, and a shit ton of celebs.

Most of the people in the audience are older and probably have no clue who I am. Some did, they even had signs and I recognized a couple of them from my last show.

My music started and all my nerves left my body, I felt comfortable. I looked into the crowd and saw my friends, my mom, and Mariano with Izzy on his shoulders. I smiled and waved at them while singing.

Seeing the crowd sing along brings back the joy I felt months ago. I cant wait to start tour again.

My set finished but before I walked off the stage, I saw Vic look down at her phone and do that creepy smile again. She left after whispering in Taylor's ear then Taylor had the same creepy smile on her face.