53

Averys POV

"I got a new job, I've been seeing someone else..." My mom went on and on filling me in on everything that I've missed since I went away.

Right now we were in the kitchen while Mariano was in the living room with our baby sister and Lucy. Mattia snuck up behind me and left his hands on my waist.

"I'm gonna go now but I'll be back later." He kissed my cheek and I watched as he walked off. I turned back and caught my mom staring at me.

"What?" I asked smiling a little.

"You're so in love with him, Avery. You've known him for two years and it probably feels like a lifetime right?" She stopped what she was doing and turned fully to face me.

"I-...Yeah..it does. I just miss the beginning where we would catch butterflies just thinking of each other. I mean, I still do but those feels in the beginning are different." She nodded her head in agreement.

"You know, when I met your father my first impression of him was that he was so ugly but he was my best friend." She laughed. "Then the next year he got taller and we hung out more, then..I don't know. I just fell in love with him. He was literally my other half and he would get me so well, and I was 16."

It really makes me happy to hear that. Not only because it was with the man that she couldve been with right now and for the rest of her life, but also because it gives me hope for me and Mattia.

"But take your teen days one day at a time. I got married at 18 and I feel like it was too quick. I'm not mad at it but I would've liked to have had my last few teen years to just mess around." She said again.

"I will mom." I smiled at her and continued with what I was doing.

"I'm a little nervous for tonight.." She said.

"Why?"

"Because Rafael is coming tonight and I want you to like him."

"I'm sure I won't have a problem with him but maybe just tell me stuff about him." I said to her. It really wasn't my place anyway to tell her who she can and can't date. Just as long as he treats her and the baby good, we're good.

"Well he's 42, he's also a doctor, Raf is from Argentina, and he's an amazing cook."

"Aw he sounds great!"

****

The table was set and everything was ready. All we were waiting for was Rafael to get here. We were having dinner a little early because I needed to go to Mattias parents house after this.

"Oh my god I think he's here. How do I look?" My mom got up from the table and fixed her hair a little.

"Ugh you look fine! Just get him in here I'm starving." I said bouncing my leg that Izzy was sitting on.

"He's awful Avery." Mariano whispered at me. I turned to him and gave him a confused look.

"What do you mean?" I asked. He looked over at the door and made sure no one was around.