22

song of the chapter
something special
by pop smoke ❤️💫

Averys POV
Christmas Eve

The drive thru line for Mcdonald's this early christmas eve morning wasnt as long as I thought it would be. I drove fifteen minutes away from home just to surprise my family with breakfast today.

I could've cooked for them but that's too much work for just one person, and I wanted this to be all me.

I got my food and started heading home. While at a red light I could see someone waving to my right. I think this person is trying to get my attention...

They rolled their window down and started yelling things. I wasn't with this shit today, if I have to curse someone out this early in the morning, then I will.

"You're Avery right?!" They yelled again. I rolled my window down and kept my sunglasses on.

"No I'm sorry."

There was another voice but I couldn't see who it was. They kept yelling disrespectful and nasty things at me.

"How long does this light take to change?" I huffed to myself. I tried looking forward and pretending like I don't hear them. I even rolled my window back up but that didn't stop them.

The light turned green and I stepped on the gas. The black car was right on my tail. I quickly took my phone out and clicked on the first name on my favorites list not knowing who it was. I just needed to call someone.

"Hello?" A raspy male voice answered. Of course I click on Mattia..

"There's a car full of guys and they're yelling nasty things at me at the red light and now they're on my ass. I don't know what to do." I rambled on.

"What the fuck?" He still sounded so tired. "Are you near my house? Maybe stop by the 7/11 down my street and I'll meet you there."

"Yeah I'm like two minutes away. Come now please.." I hung up and turned onto his long block. They were still following me and I could see their ugly smiles on their faces.

The driver was honking his horn like crazy and getting way too close to my bumper. Just as I was turning into the parking lot, I saw Mattias car pull up too. I parked next to him and got out first.

"Avery I just want them digits." One walked over to me while smirking and taking his phone out.

"If I didn't seem interested back there what makes you think I am now? Get a life and fucking go home!" I snapped at them. Mattia walked out when he saw all four boys were out and walking over to me.

"Alright y'all gotta fucking go now. We don't want a problem here." His back was facing me and he was pushing the guys away. The one guy was recording and three others were acting tough trying to scare us.

"This man is half asleep the fuck is he gonna do?" A blondie laughed. I'm tired of this I just wanted to get home. If he wants a number he's gonna get it.

"You know now that I think of it, you are really cute. I'll give you my number." I fake flirted with him. This man was ugly as hell.