extra chapter 4

yall i honestly have no idea what month they're in but i know they are in 2022 so she's 18 about to be 19 and mattia is 19 since his bday is in may.

ima give them a random month. october. ?? av's bday is nov 7 and i'll just make up a date for the baby cause i'm lost lmaoo

Averys POV
The next day
October 24, 2022

I woke up from my sleep by a hard kick. I laid my hand on the spot of the feeling and pushed down to see if she'd kick again. This time, it hurt even more than it usually does.

My hand reached out to my left to feel for Mattia. He was still asleep. As I turned I caught a glimpse of his digital clock. It was 5 am. I grabbed my phone and called my mom.

It was a bit hard sitting up but I did it. The baby was moving a lot right now which scares me.

"Avery, you're up early." She answered.

"Mom, I don't know what's happening. She kicked me really hard and she won't stop moving right now." I said pressing down on spots she would kick on.

"Well you are near your due date so maybe shes just ready to come out?" I can tell by her tone that she was smiling.

"Ugh, don't say that."

"Avery, I know you're scared but that's normal. I was shitting bricks when I was pregnant with Mariano, everything's fine now."

"Oh." I slowly nodded to myself. "How is he? I haven't spoken to him in a couple days."

"He's fine, he has news for you, and he's flying out tomorrow. My flight is boarding right now, baby. I'll see you soon, okay? Stay calm. I love you."

I frowned feeling my eyes well up with tears. "Okay. Love you too." I whispered.

Mattia turned his body to face me and he slowly opened his eyes.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

I shook my head to the side. "I think it's time."

His face went blank and he looked pale. Mattia sat up and jumped out of bed walking to my side.

"Your water broke?!" He asked, panicked.

I laughed and reached out for his hands. "No! But I feel like she's coming today."

He made a face and put a hand on his chest. "Do we have the diaper bag ready?"

"Yup, and our clothes are packed too."

"Fuck, I scared myself out of sleep. Wanna go out?" He asked checking his phone.

"What's open at this hour?"

Mattia shrugged his shoulder and suggested walking the boardwalk at this public beach. I nodded and got myself ready.

I put on maternity leggings and pulled out a random hoodie from my closet. It happened to be one I had matching with Mattia so he wore his too

"Which car are we taking?" He asked after helping me down the stairs.

"Take the Tesla." Yeah, I recently bought one. It was an impulse buy.