42

youtube option isn't working but i was gonna put lay me down by sam smith

Averys POV
18th birthday

"It's almost show 42 and we're on the road to New York. And .. it's also my birthday. So happy 18 to me." I yawned. I was talking to the camera. I was in bed on the tour bus and it was currently 4am.

I panned the camera over to show what was on my lap. "I just wrote a song. This one is in spanish." I looked over at Mattia who was asleep and smiled.

For like five more minutes I was talking to the camera then I shut it off.

Since it's the morning for Kairi right now I started texting him but he wasn't texting back. I took it as a sign to finally just go to sleep.

-

Everyone woke me up with a small cake and sang to me. I just wanted to sleep for five more minutes..

I went to my little bathroom there and washed up. Mattia crept up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Happy birthday beautiful." He whispered and kissed my ear through my hair. "I'm taking you out to this waffle place in the city then we're going to Madison Square Garden of course."

-

I walked into the place and was picked up by a cart and taken to my dressing room.

My breakfast date went well. He gave me a framed picture of us from senior prom and another framed picture that I took on our first date.

"Avery, hair and makeup is ready for you." I nodded and made my way over there. Taylor was getting her makeup done so I sat next to her and waited for mine to start.

Some of my family was coming tonight to watch me perform which I was excited about. But I know for sure that Mariano and my mom was coming tonight. I was thinking maybe giving them a small shoutout tonight.

"Me, Vic and Kairi bought a gift but it's back at the apartment. I had Emily bring it in and put it on your bed. And there's another surprise for you." She winked.

Since the first half of tour is over tonight, I'll have the next month and a half to myself. But I will be performing New Year's eve in the city. It was crazy to believe at first but the time is coming so quick. I still can't even process that I'm gonna be doing that with other huge artists.

"Tay! You didn't have to."

"You deserve it and honestly I hope you like it."

I sat back and let the artists do their job. Mattia walked in and sighed throwing himself in the couch in the back.

"Have you heard from your parents?"

He sighed again and walked up in front of me. I noticed his eyes were a bit red and his eyes were puffy. I knew not to ask about those things when we were around people because he doesn't like that and he gets all awkward about it.

"My mom apologized and we're talking again but my dad is being stubborn about it. Like he wants everything to be okay but he won't fucking swallow his pride and apologize to me. He only texts me good morning and goodnight, when he remembers."