34

song of the chapter
sanctuary
by Joji

Averys POV
Few days later

I've been dragging Kairi and Aileen everywhere with me ever since they told us they were moving to France. I wanted to spend every minute I had left with them. I know for a fact that when the day comes, I'm going to be a mess without my best friend.

"Prom is tomorrow and you still don't have a dress." Kairi sighed as I drove up to the drive thru window.

"Whatever I'll just wear something from my closet." I shrugged.

"Hell no! I'm holding you against Im holding you against your own words when you said we're going all out this year. You're getting that purple dress you fell in love with at the store. If I have to drag you there myself then so be it." Aileen crossed her arms and gave me a sassy look.

I grabbed the food and sped off to my house so we could eat by the lake.

Kairi leaves next week.

I could feel my eyes get cold as they filled with tears. They started falling but I quickly wiped them away. He's cared for me like no other best friend I've ever had. He was different and I'm going to miss him so much.

"Stop crying pussy." He whispered to me. We laughed as I wiped the few tears that fell.

-

Aileen had to get picked up so she could finish packing but Kairi stayed with me and promised Aileen he would take me to go buy my prom dress.

He opened the boutique door for me and helped me find that dress.

"You getting freaky with Mattia tomorrow?" He asked while checking out other dresses. that was weird.

"Um- I don't know maybe." I laughed. I finally found the dress and ran up to it. Someone else grabbed it from the other side and both of our hands were on this dress.

"Bitch this is my dress." I heard the voice say. I looked up and couldn't believe who I was looking at.

"Oh my god." I muttered when we made eye contact. Jenna let go of the dress and stared at me.

"This is my dress." She said again. I wasn't gonna let her ruin this for me. Why of all places is she here? I didn't know she could afford this..

"I got to it first so I'm taking it." I snatched the dress off the hanger and calmly walked to the cashier. Kairi was watching us so unbothered. It's almost like he knew I wouldn't leave without a fight.

"Go ahead take it! Just like you took my boyfriend!" She yelled from the same spot over to me. I don't get how someone apologizes for being an asshole but still doesn't change their ways..

"She's so annoying." I muttered handing the cashier my card and waited for this to be over.

"Whatever you fucking bitch." She huffed and walked out of the store. I smiled and grabbed the bag then walked out with Kairi.

He started laughing and I couldn't help but join in. This girl never gets a break and is always looking for trouble with me.