71

Averys POV

We had three days left of our week break from tour. After that party I haven't been going out. Taylor and Vic woke up the next day with really bad hangovers and Ale took care of them.

I've been relaxing by the pool ever since that day. I plan to do that for the rest of the three days as well.

The sun was extra strong today so I made sure to lay down under the pool cabana. The bluetooth speaker next to me blasting Bad bunny and I felt like I was in paradise.

"When is your song coming out with him?" Alejandro came and sat next to me. I noticed a black and red patch of skin on his right shoulder. It was a tattoo of roman numerals.

"I have to record it when we go to Puerto Rico." I said laying back down and quietly singing along to the lyrics.

"I didn't know you were doing a concert there." He said.

"Oh. It's not my own concert it's an event with a whole bunch of other artists but I am performing the new song there for the first time. So that's exciting." I kept my eyes closed and felt myself starting to get tired.

"Alright Ima go now. Me and Vic have a lunch date. Enjoy your alone time." He chuckled then left.

I turned the volume up a little when 'Tenemos que hablar' started playing.

"Remind me to buy a plane ticket to PR so I can come too." He yelled back from the patio door before actually leaving.

I turned to face the city view I had from my backyard again. My Bad bunny collab was still processing in my head and the fact that I'm gonna meet him made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

Right as the song got to my favorite part, it shut off and someone was calling me. I rolled my eyes sitting up to answer the phone.

"Hey Lucia.." I said. She didn't say anything but I did hear her breathing loud. It sounded like she was crying.

"Are you okay?" I spoke up again. I sat up and looked around to see if anyone was around but I was alone.

"No." She said barley above a whisper. "Its my mom."

"Is she okay? What happened?"

"She-" Lucia weeped even louder and started speaking again but I could barely understand her. I didn't know what to do. Ive only known her for a few weeks, I didn't expect her to immediately come to me with her problems.

"Do you need me to call Mattia so he could be with you? Lucia there's not much can I do right now because I'm home."

"I should've stayed home last night." She was finally able to say. But I could hear the heartbreak in her voice.

"What are you talking about?" I asked her. I really needed her to get straight to the point because my patience was low right now.

"I went out last night after my shift at the restaurant to the bar and when I came home my mom...she was on the floor." Lucia cried again. I felt my heart drop. I couldn't believe what she just told me.

"Oh Lucia..." I didn't know what say. Yeah I felt bad for her but I didn't know what to do make her feel better.

"Im sorry for putting this on you but I needed to talk to someone and you popped in my mind first."

"Its okay Lucia. You didn't have to apologize.."

"She wasn't taking her meds. Ive been working two jobs, one that makes me feel like a whore only to find out she's sending it money to my older brother so he can buy drugs for him and his worthless girlfriend." Her tone went from upset to angry in an instant while telling me this.