Guess I can't be creative...

Based on a post by today-only-happens-once on Tumblr

~~~~~

Roman was in the imagination, sitting at the edge of a cliff with his legs hanging over the side. "I thought I'd find you here,"

Roman looked up to see Virgil standing a few feet away, guess Remus let him in. Virgil walked over and sat down next to Roman. They just sat in silence for a while. "...Am I like Remus?" Roman asked, breaking the silence, his voice was quiet, devoid of the usual enthusiasm Virgil was so used to hearing.

   "What? No, of course not! Who told you you were like him?!" Virgil asked.

   "Deceit.."

   "Well, he's wrong."

They fell silent again. Roman wondering if Virgil really meant what he'd just said or if he was just trying to be nice, once again he was the one to break the silence, "...Everything is just too much, no one needs me here, I just want to duck out at this point..." He said

Virgil was a bit surprised by this, this was Roman, I mean sure he was insecure and all but suicidal? He decided to try and lighten the mood instead of addressing the problem, which he still couldn't believe was a problem, "I already tried that, remember? Wouldn't want to copy me, right, Princey?" he said, playfully punching him in the arm, possibly a bit harder then he should have.

Roman rubbed his arm where Virgil had hit him, "Yeah well... Guess I can't even be creative anymore..." He mumbled, eyes growing even duller as he did, if that were possible, his voice betraying how broken he truly was.

Virgil gasped, before quickly hugging him, "I need you here." Roman was surprised by this, Virgil never initiated hugs. He hesitantly hugged back, letting himself cry on his best friend.

~~~~~

The second one I've written tonight, or this morning, was after midnight for both.

Written: 5-20-2020
Edited: 4-6-2021
Posted: 7-4-2020
Word count: 294