My R(eason)

I did my r fic cuz I'm very creative.

Also, this is a little random, but my little sister ( LilacEclipse_8D ) has an art book and you should go check it out if you want of course.

TW: Attempted suicide

~~~~~

Roman climbed the stairs up to the roof of the apartment building he lived in.

He had tried so hard to keep going, but no one cared about him, even when he let people see he wasn't ok, they thought he was just being over-dramatic.

He stepped out onto the roof, only to see a boy about his age, dressed in light blue, standing on the edge of the roof, panic shot through him and he called out, "hey! Don't do it, please!"

The boy turned to look back at Roman, "guess I should explain, huh? I was dating this guy, I really thought that he might be the one, but then he told me he was done..." the boy said.

Roman was shocked and a bit angry, he'd kill himself over a breakup?! "Are you serious? I just can't believe that for some stupid reason you got here before me. Are you upset 'cause you can't have want you wanted? You're lucky that you've never gotten robbed of anything!" Roman said.

"I'm feeling better, thank you for listening!" the boy dressed in light blue then walked away.

~

"Alright, today's the day..." or so he thought, taking his shoes off, but when he looked up he saw another boy, this time dressed in dark blue and black. Once again, he called out.

The boy turned and began to explain his reasoning, "you've probably heard it all before. Everyone ignores me, everyone steals, I don't fit in with anyone here..." the boy said.

"For god's sake please, are you serious? I just can't believe that for some stupid reason you got here before me, because even so, you're still loved by everyone at home, there's always dinner waiting on the table you know!" Roman said.

"I'm hungry," mumbled the boy with a smile, then he walked away.

And like that, there was someone every day, Roman listened to their tale, and he made them turn away. And yet, no one would do this for him, no way could he let out all that pain.

~

Today Roman saw someone he knew, a boy named Virgil. They weren't exactly friends, but they were acquaintances.

He saw Roman and began explaining, "I just wanna stop the scars that grow every time that I go home, that's why I came up here instead..."

"Hey.. Don't do it... Please..." Roman pleaded weakly.

But Virgil just pulled himself up on the short wall that was there to help prevent falling.

Roman didn't know what to do, so he just kept talking, "for once I think I've bitten off more than I can chew... But even so, please just go away so I can't see, your pitiful expression is just too much for me!"

"...I guess today's just not my day," Virgil said, coming back down and walking away.

~

"There's no one here today, I guess it's time... It's just me, myself, and I... No one can interfere, no one to get in my way here..." Roman thought removing his jacket.

Roman pulled himself up on the wall and started to lean forward, but right before he fell someone pulled him back down, he somehow managed to stay on his feet and looked up at the person who'd saved him, it was Virgil.

Roman threw himself into Virgil's arms, sobbing.

~~~~~

And that's it.

Written: 6-14-2020
Word count: 581
Posted: 9-19-2020