I'm sorry I let you down

Inspired by the song Let You Down by NF and a lot of Roman edits with said song.

TW: Unintentionally unsympathetic Patton and Thomas, crying, Suicide, angst.

~~~~~

They were in the middle of making a video when Deceit showed up, pretending to be Logan before revealing himself. He then told them his name, Roman made fun of it, and Deceit, or Janus, retaliated by calling him evil. Neither Thomas nor Patton defended him.

"Are you guys seriously going to take his side? Over me?" Roman asked, "Thomas... I thought I was your hero..."

"Y-you are!" Thomas said, not meaning it but wanting to quickly resolve the situation.

Janus confirmed that Thomas was lying, and Roman lashed out more, "wow, I can't believe this, did you forget that he's evil?! You're not, or... You're not supposed to be, you're supposed to be good, you can't-"

"Roman," Patton said, gently, trying to calm him down so they could get back to helping Thomas, "everything's going to be alright, Kiddo. We love you!"

Roman just scoffed, "Right..." he said while sinking. He fell to the floor in his room, starting to cry, and mumbling: "I'm sorry that I let you down, let you down. All these voices in my head get loud," he put his hands over his ears, trying and failing to block out the voices of Thomas and the other sides, telling him he wasn't enough, that he wasn't Thomas' hero anymore, that he was the evil twin, "I wish that I could shut them out! I'm sorry that I let you down, let you down..."

He let his hands drop from his ears, feeling something heavy and metal materialize in this dominant hand, a gun. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," he put the gun to his head, "I'm sorry, that I let you down..." he pulled the trigger.

Bonus good ending:

Everyone heard the gunshot and ran to Roman's room to find him kneeling on the floor, sobbing. The pistol lay next to him on the floor, Roman was shaking and mumbling things like, I tried to- oh god. It didn't work, I'm ok.

It wasn't hard to piece together what had happened, everyone was shocked that he'd even attempt that.

They filed into the room and comforted the creative side, each silently promising themselves that they'd help Roman.

~~~~~
Written: 6-26-2020
Word count: 400
Posted: 8-15-2020