The past is not in the past

Ender made the first move: Hi Kaya. Nice to see you again.
She said that in the coldest tone she could.
Kaya answered with a bitter smile on his face: Hi Ender. Thank you it's nice to see you, too.
Halit noticed and started approaching them:
You two know each other?
E: Oh yes we do. We are old friends actually. Really old friends.
K: We are, aren't we?
H: You never mentioned him Ender.
E: We lost contact right before I met you. Kaya went to London and I never heard from him again.
K: She is right. We haven't been in touch for almost 16 years.
E: 17 years...
H: So lets go sit and start the meeting it's getting late.
Ender passed Kaya and sat. Kaya sat right in front of her. The whole meeting Ender never looked at Kaya. Not even when he was talking or explaining something.
When the meeting was over, Ender stayed to clean up her writings and avoid seeing Kaya. But Kaya didn't leave when everyone else left. Ender noticed him so she continued doing her thing so maybe he would leave eventually.
But instead he approached her: Why did you ignore me the whole meeting?
E: Pardon me?
K: You didn't even look at me once.
Ender smirked: Why would I care about looking at you or not? Who do you think you are?
Kaya didn't say anything. She was right. Who did he think he is?
Ender picked her stuff up and decided to leave.
But Kaya wouldn't leave her alone and started following her.
K: Then why didn't you tell Halit about us? Our past?
E: Because I didn't want to. Who cares about our relationship?
Kaya didn't have anything to say. So he just said: We are co-workers now. We should be nicer to each other, right?
E: No we shouldn't. As you said we are just co-workers. We just meet for work so there is no need to get nicer or warmer.
After saying that Ender went to her office and close the door behind her.
As soon as closing the door she put her hand on her mouth and started crying silently.
This was too intense. Her heart couldn't take it.
She stood there for a minute or two. Then she suddenly felt she missed her daughter so she called her: Hi aşkım, how are you doing?
Nazli got worried that her mom called her at that time of the day: Hi anne. I'm fine. Why did you call? Is something wrong?
E: No everything is fine. I just suddenly missed you.
Nazli smiled: Ay canım annem. I miss you,too!
E: Let's go out for dinner. What do you say?
N: Just the two of us?
E: Just the two of us!
N: Okay I would love to!
E: Alright. See you!
N: See you annecim
After hanging up the phone, Ender felt better.
She tried to forget about everything and focus on her job till she leaves.
When she arrived home Nazli was getting ready.
N: Hello anne! Welcome.
Ender kissed her cheek: Hi aşkım, you look beautiful!
N: Well I'm your daughter, right?
Ender laughed: You sure are!
Ender looked around: Where is Caner?
N: He went out with Emir.
E: Oh, okay. He won't be alone then.
Ender went to get ready.
They both looked amazing.
N: Wow anne! This is not fair. You look so beautiful!
Ender laughed: Stop playing with words you little snake! You look amazing !
Nazli smiled and kissed her mother's cheek: Thank you anne I look just like you.
When they wanted to leave Nazli said: Wait. Let's take a selfie for my instagram!
They took the picture and then left.
The restaurant was amazing. Ender already reserved a table for them.
They were looking at the menu when Nazli felt like someone was looking at them. When she checked around she noticed a handsome guy was checking them out. She put on an evil smile and looked at her mom. Ender noticed she was looking at her so she asked: Why are you looking at me like that kızım?
N: I told you.
E: You told me what?
N: That you look so beautiful!
E: Thank you canım but what happened now?
N: That handsome guy is checking you out!
After Ender's divorce Nazli really wanted her mom to be happy. She wanted her to find the right guy. The guy that would stay with her and love her at any costs. But Ender never tried going on a new relationship. She just wanted to raise her daughter with love and see Nazli and Caner happy. That's all she wanted. So Nazli never pushed her into going on a relationship. But now everything was fine after a long time. She was back at her old school, Caner was working and having the time of his life and Ender was the company's CEO and a big shareholder. So Nazli thought it was finally the time for her mom to find the right guy and be happy.
Ender didn't notice anyone. So she asked: Who are you talking about?
Nazli tilted her head to the right.
Ender looked there and there he was.
Kaya was sitting there with another guy and he was looking at them nonstop.
————————————————————————
Writer's note: Hi guys! I hope you liked the story so far. I know I am awful at english but I don't know Turkish at all so I just write in english so you guys can understand the story.
Thank you for reading my story!