The unwanted guest

One week passed and Kaya thought about Nazli's birthday gift the whole week. He wanted to give her the best gift. But he had to move to his new house and because of all the work he had in the company, he didn't have enough time to search for a good gift. He thought about everything a teenage girl would like: make up, clothes, jewelry. But he wanted to give her something special.
He was opening his old stuff when he saw something he immediately realized was the best gift for his daughter.

Kaya arrived at the party with a box in his hand. The party was held at a restaurant. Ender saw him and went to welcome him. When Kaya saw her he couldn't deny her beauty. She was wearing a short black dress and a gold chain around her neck. She let her hair down simply and the most beautiful part of her look was her smile.
She took the box from Kaya: Welcome. Thank you for the gift. Come.
Kaya smiled back and while following her to where the rest of the guests were, he said: You look beautiful.
Ender felt her heart rate was raising. She put on a shy smile: Oh thank you. You look good, too!
Nazli saw Kaya but didn't go to welcome him. She looked at him from the distance.
Kaya smiled at her but she didn't respond.
The music was loud and everyone was having fun when someone arrived at the party. A handsome middle age man with a big box in his hands. When Ender saw him, she looked surprised. She got really happy and went to welcome him.
Nazli ran to him and hugged him before her mother reach him. After that Nazli went back to her friends and left them alone.
They were far so Kaya couldn't hear what he says. But Nazli was a few steps away and she was talking about the mysterious guy to her friend: That's Savaş abi! He's my mother's old friend. I like him as a father. He was always there for us! He also likes my mom. They never had a chance to date so I thought to myself I should invite him to the party so they can meet again and maybe consider dating!
Nazli said those words in purpose because she knew Kaya was listening. She wanted to make Kaya sad and angry.
And she was successful. Kaya felt extremely angry. His hands were shaking and he couldn't stop thinking about Nazli's words. "I like him as a father." "They might consider dating."
Kaya closed his fists to prevent his hands from shaking but he was not successful.
Ender didn't leave Savaş's side. She just stood there and they laughed and talked until it was time to open the presents.
When she finally left his side she went and stood next to Kaya. He was frowning.
He whispered to Ender: It looks like some of your guests are more special to you.
Ender didn't understand him, she raised her left eyebrow and said: Pardon? What do you mean?
Kaya didn't answer.
Nazli opened all her presents and it was time to open Kaya's. She shouted: Whose is this?
Kaya smiled at her: It's mine!
Nazli frowned and put down the box without opening it. Everyone started mumbling. Kaya felt like his heart was shattered. But Nazli picked the last box and smiled: So I guess this is Savaş abi's.
Savaş smiled at her: It is princess. I hope you like it!
When Nazli opened it, it was a big pink teddy bear. Nazli didn't like it at all but she just put on a fake smile and pretended to like it: Oh it's really... pink! Thank you!
Ender tried really hard to hide her laugh. She whispered to Kaya: She hates it!
Kaya looked at her and then looked at Nazli. Ender was right. She obviously hated the bear. Kaya tried really hard not to laugh.
When the party was over everyone left and only Kaya and Savaş were remaining.
Savaş smiled and looked at Ender: Okay beautiful woman. I think it's time to leave. It was a great night. I think we should meet again.
Ender smiled: Oh of course. Thank you for coming.
Nazli hugged him: Thank you for coming Savaş abi!
And he shook Caner's hand and then left.
Unlike Ender and Nazli, Caner was cold towards this man and didn't like him that much.
When he left Nazli told Ender: I'll wait inside the car anne.
And didn't look at Kaya.
Caner shook Kaya's hand: See you later abi!
Kaya smiled at him: See you later Caner!
When they left Kaya looked at Ender: I now know why she suddenly changed her mind to invite me!
E: Really? Why?
Kaya smiled and didn't say anything.
He held out his hand and said: Thank you for talking to her Ender. It was a great night. I didn't have the chance to say happy birthday to her. Do it for me please.
Ender shook his hand: I will.
K: Okay then I guess it's time to leave.Bye.
E: Bye!
But Kaya didn't let go of her hand immediately. He looked into her eyes for a few seconds and then left.
Ender felt her chest was heavy and she stood there a few moments then she left, too.

Later that night when Nazli was looking at her gifts and organizing them, she saw Kaya's gift box. She suddenly felt curious so she opened the box. She couldn't believe what was in front of her. She put her hand on her mouth and her eyes got filled with tears. It was Michael Jordan's jersey with his signature on it. Kaya once told her he went to NBA when he was really young and he met Michael Jordan. So he was not bluffing.
It was the best birthday gift she ever received. She couldn't deny it.

Kaya felt awful. He had the whole world's sadness in his heart. He was sitting on his couch without moving since he got home. That girl successfully ruined his day. He just kept thinking. Since he came back from London so many stuff happened. But this whole time the only thing he never expected was seeing Ender with some else. He was not ready for that. He could see it now.
He mumbled to himself: I don't deserve her...
He was thinking about all the things that happened through the night when he got a text. He looked at his phone and didn't believe what he was seeing the first time. He looked again. It was from Nazli. He opened it immediately with a lot of stress.
"Thank you."
That was it. Just a simple thank you. But that made Kaya so happy that he kept on reading it non stop. That meant she opened the present and liked it. Kaya was so excited and happy that he didn't sleep the whole night.

The next morning at the company Kaya was passing by Ender's office when he overheard Ender's conversation on the phone: Tonight? I am not sure Savaş. I need to check my schedule. I'll tell you in an hour. Okay. Thanks. Bye.
Kaya felt really angry. He wanted to hit that man in his mouth.

Ender was organizing her papers after the meeting when Kaya went beside her. Ender looked at him: Do you want something?
Kaya waited a few seconds. He was looking for the right words. But he said what was on his mind immediately without thinking: Have dinner with me.
Ender raised her left eyebrow: Dinner? With you?
Kaya smiled: Yes.
Ender smirked: I don't think Nazli would like that idea.
K: She doesn't have to know.
E: What do you mean? You want to trick her?
K: No Ender. I want to have dinner with you. Just the two of us.
Ender frowned: You're not serious, are you?
K: I'm completely serious.
E: Kaya loo-
Kaya interrupted her: I'll pick you up at seven.
Ender opened her mouth to speak but Kaya didn't wait to hear her and left the room.
Ender smiled and talked to herself: I guess you have probably heard my phone call Kaya bey.

Later that night Ender was excited. She wore her most beautiful dress. She was doing her makeup when Nazli knocked on her door and opened it. When she saw Ender she smiled and said: Ohhhh anne! You look so beautiful! Who is the lucky man?!
Ender smiled: It's not a man. It's a girl night out. I'm having dinner with some of my friends.
Nazli raised her left eyebrow: Girls, huh? Okay, have fun then.
Ender laughed: Thank you canım.
While they were talking someone called Ender's phone. She looked at Nazli nervously. She didn't want to answer it but the person kept on calling.
N: Why don't you get it?
Ender: Oh, I think I better go.
She kissed Nazli's cheek. And then ran out of the house.
Nazli smiled and talked to herself: Okay anne! You keep hiding it from me. I'll find out eventually!