vi. | from bad to worse news - part two

Elena had sat down in the dining room, her eyes set on her father who happily sang the lyrics to more 80's music, Melissa had calmed down and sat beside her sister, trying her best to get her breath back into her system

"How are you feeling papá?" Elena asked her father who had opened up the fridge, his eyes looking for something but closed it with a frown on his face.

"I am feeling better but not anymore, I just realized that we do not have any strawberries or even some oranges." With hands-on his hips Ernesto turned to look at both his daughters "I will go and buy some," he started walking but stopped before turning back "your mother left with the car, I think I will call a cab or something."

"Dad, don't you think you should stay and relax, I mean after last night, you should rest." Melissa suggested but was ignored by a wave off from her father.

"Honey, today is the day when I am feeling my best, I just want to go and buy some groceries to make you dinner or something, before mamá comes from her shift." Ernesto added as he grabbed his cellphone from the kitchen counter, looking up for a taxi number or any other information to drive him to the market.

"So how was the fishing?" Melissa asked tapping her sister's shoulder. Melissa wanted to go with them but she did end up stuck with her father, she didn't regret it at all, Melissa had the most fun time.

"It was great, we listened to Selena on the boat and we danced." Elena bites the inside of her lower lip trying her best to not smile at the memory that just happened.

"And did they like Selena? If not I will definitely just break this friendship now." Melissa stood up from her chair and poured herself water, she wasn't serious about breaking the friendship, but for the Herrera's, Selena Quintanilla was a precious gem, she was their idol.

"They did like it very much okay? Even JJ and John B asked me to teach them some Spanish words." Elena proudly said as she leaned her head back to see her sister briefly before returning her sight straight forward.

"Well my princesas, I'll be gone for a few minutes, probably an hour, I'll go buy some groceries to make dinner tonight, I'll try to be here before mom arrives if anything please call me Elena, you are in charge." Ernesto said as he grabbed the house keys of his own and left, Elena just waved him goodbye and saw him walk out the house.

"Home Alone!" Melissa exclaimed happily throwing both hands in the air and running through the house.

"Issa, calm down, geez." Elena rolled her eyes as she stood up from the chair and made her way outside, seeing the cab driving away, her younger sister running past her towards the patio. "Calm down before you break yourself." Her words clearly ignored as her younger sister started doing cartwheels and just laughing.

"Oh come on Lena, don't be such a party pooper," she said as she rolled on the grass and finally laid on her back heavy breathing "When was the last time we were alone like this?" What her sister had just said was completely true, times like these rarely happened.