He Leaves You Part 6

*recap*
payton: i've been okay. i assume you don't want to talk about chase?
*end of recap*

sydney: kinda. how has he been?
payton: he's been good.

i nod my head and look down at my fingers, i start messing with them.
sydney: does he seem happier?
payton: do you want me to be honest?
sydney: yeah.
payton: yeah. he seems to be a lot happier.
sydney: oh. well i'm glad that at least one of us is happier.
payton: syd-
chase: payton! jackson is waiting for us!

i look up and see chase walking towards payton, chase's facial expression changes from calm looking to upset and kinda sad looking.
sydney: i'll talk to you later.
payton: maybe you should talk to him. you have a chance right now.
sydney: payton i would love to talk to him and i would love to hug him again and look at him without feeling like i'm gonna break down but he obviously seems happier without me and i don't want to get in the way of his happiness.
payton: but you're not happy clearly. you have a chance and you should take it. you deserve to be happy too.

chase approaches us, he puts his hands in his front pockets and stands awkwardly. i look back down at my hands again and take a deep breath in.
sydney: i don't want to get in the way again.

i hear a door open and close and a bunch of laughter, i look up again and see josh, anthony, jaden and bryce walking outside. they look at me and walk over to us. bryce and anthony glare at chase, chase looks down at his feet.
josh: you're an asshole.
sydney: josh stop.
josh: no. i have a chance to tell chase off in person and i'm gonna take it. you are one of the worst people ever chase and-
jaden: josh quit before this turns into a fight. get in the car.
bryce: no. chase deserves to know how much of a dick he is.
jaden: bryce you guys need to quit. go get in your guys' car and lets go. i don't want to hear this and i'm sure sydney doesn't want to either.

bryce rolls his eyes and they walk over to where they parked, anthony walks over to the drivers side. i toss him the keys and he unlocks the car, he gets in the drivers seat. jaden opens the back door while i open the passenger door, i get in the car along with jaden. jaden shuts his door.
sydney: bye payton.

payton looks at me sympathetically and waves, i shut the door and look at chase. he looks up and looks back at me, anthony turns the car on and chase and payton walk to their car. anthony pulls out of the parking spot and starts driving, a couple of hours go by and we're back at the hotel.
sydney: hey i'm going to get something to snack on and a drink from the vending machine. do you guys want anything?
anthony: no thanks.
sydney: jaden?
jaden: no thanks syd.
sydney: okay. i'll be back in a few minutes.
anthony: okay.

i grab my wallet and put my shoes on, i walk to the hotel room door and walk outside to the hallway. i turn right and start walking to the vending machines, when i get to the vending machines i start looking for something to eat and drink. a couple of seconds go by and i hear footsteps getting closer and closer, someone turns the corner. i look up and see chase.
chase: what the fuck. why are you everywhere i go today?
sydney: i don't know.

a few seconds of awkward silence goes by.
sydney: do you live here now? with payton?
chase: no. me and jackson are just here visiting him.
sydney: oh.
chase: why are you here?
sydney: me, josh, anthony, jaden and bryce wanted to take a small vacation to get out of california and we decided to come here.
chase: oh.
sydney: i'm sorry.
chase: for what?
sydney: for everything i did to make you leave me.
chase: syd it wasn't your fault and still isn't your fault.
sydney: what about the part about all of the rumors between me and anthony?
chase: that was just me being selfish. i'm sorry i left you.
sydney: it's okay. no one is permanent in your life. everyone and everything is normally temporary. you seem happier though so it's okay.
chase: if i'm gonna be honest i'm not happier. if anything i'm worse. i made a mistake and i'm sorry.
sydney: payton said you were happier so if you're happy then it's okay. all i care about is other people's happiness before mine.
chase: thats because payton believes i'm happier because i've been acting happier but i'm not actually happier. that's what i've been trying to get everyone to think. i don't want to admit that i made a mistake of leaving you. i want people to think that i made the right choice and that i'm happier even though i'm not. i've been horrible and i'm sorry. i miss you and i'm sorry i left you. i shouldn't of done it and i regret it. it makes me feel even more horrible to see how unhappy you are. you're clearly not okay and it's all because of me and i'm sorry i left you. i miss you so much sydney. i love you.