He Forgets You Guys Have Plans

Today me and Chase are supposed to hang out and go to a movie and dinner, right now I'm in my room getting ready. I look at my phone and see that it's 1:08 pm, I straighten my hair and walk out of my bathroom. I walk into my room and walk downstairs, I walk into the kitchen and see Brennen.
Brennen: You don't have any plans for tomorrow do you?
Sydney: No. Why?
Brennen: I was thinking we could go see mom and dad's graves tomorrow since it's almost been three months.
Ava: Okay.

Our parents passed away almost 3 months ago from a car accident, they made a decision and drove home drunk and ran into a tree so I live with Brennen now.
Brennen: Are you okay here for a few hours by yourself before Chase comes to get you?
Ava: Yeah.
Brennen: Okay. I'm going to go film for a bit with Colby. I should be back around six or seven.
Sydney: Okay. Love you.
Brennen: Love you too.

He hugs me and walks out of the house, I walk over to the couch and lay down. I turn on a movie, a few hours go by and it's now 6:25pm. I text Chase.
💜Sydney💜: Where are you?
💜Sydney💜:You were supposed to be here at 3😕
💜Sydney💜:Are you okay? Did something happen?

I call him but he doesn't pick up, I text Payton.
😙Sydney😙: Hey Payton, do you know where Chase is?

I fall asleep a few minutes later.

(Chase's POV)
I'm at Payton's house hanging out and playing video games, my phone dings. It rings a second later.
Payton: Hey, didn't you have plans with Sydney today?
Chase: What day is it today?
Payton: Saturday.
Chase: Oh shit. I gotta go. I was supposed to pick her up at three.
Payton: You better run then. It's six thirty.

I set the controller down and grab my keys and phone, I put my shoes on and leave Payton's house. I get in my car and call Sydney, she doesn't answer. I text her.
🥰Bub🥰: I'm on my way. I'm so sorry🙁

(Brennen's POV)
I arrive back home around 6:40 pm, I park my car and we get out. I walk inside with Colby following me, we walk inside and I see Sydney on the couch sleeping.
Brennen: That asshole.
Colby: What?
Brennen: Chase was supposed to come get her at three and they were gonna go to a movie and dinner but he must of never showed up.
Colby: What a jerk.

I walk over to her and put a blanket over her, I take her shoes off and set them down by the door. I turn the tv and lights off, me and Colby walk downstairs and start playing video games. 15 minutes go by and there's a knock at the front door, I stand up and walk upstairs to the front door.

(Chase's POV)
I get to Sydney's and park my car, I walk to the front door and knock. It opens a second later, I see Brennen.
Brennen: You know you're a real jerk for leaving my sister here when you guys had plans.
Chase: I know. I completely forgot today was Saturday. I feel really bad. Can I talk to her?
Brennen: She's sleeping.
Chase: Oh. Can I still talk to her?
Brennen: Fine but watch out. She doesn't like being woke up.
Chase: I know.

Brennen opens the door wider and I walk in, he shuts the door and walks downstairs. I see Sydney sleeping on the couch, I walk over to her and kneel down on my knees in front of her. I grab her hand and shake her a bit with my other hand, she opens her eyes and looks at me. She yawns.

(Sydney's POV)
Sydney: You're late.
Chase: I know. I'm so sorry Sydney. I forgot today was saturday and I'm so sorry. I know it's too late to go to dinner and watch a movie somewhere so how about I make it up to you and we go to McDonald's and then we can come back here and cuddle and watch movies?
Sydney: Can we just cuddle and watch movies?
Chase: Are you sure? I feel so bad Sydney. I love you so much and I just left you here waiting without an explanation.
Sydney: Yes. I'm sure. We can try this again on monday.
Chase: Okay. Do you want to go to your room?
Sydney: Yeah.

Chase lets go of my hand and we stand up, we walk to my room. Chase shuts my door behind him and takes his shoes off, we lay down on my bed. He pulls the blanket over us and wraps his arms around my waist, I lay my head on Chase's chest and turn on a movie.
Chase: I love you.
Sydney: I love you too.

We fall asleep a few hours later.