He Pranks You

I'm outside in my backyard with my feet in the pool while Brennen and Colby swim.
Brennen: Are you gonna come to dinner with me and Colby tonight?
Sydney: I don't know. I was gonna see if Chase wanted to come over for a movie night.
Brennen: Okay.

I grab my phone and text Chase.
💜Sydney💜: Want to come over for a movie night tonight?♥️
🥰Bub🥰: Yeah. I'll be over in an hour♥️
💜Sydney💜: Okay. I love you😍
🥰Bub🥰: I love you too😘

I set my phone down and take my feet out of the pool, I stand up.
Brennen: Where are you going?
Sydney: I'm gonna get the living room ready for a movie night.
Brennen: Okay.

I walk inside and walk up to my room, I grab a ton of blankets and bring them downstairs. I set them on the couch and walk over to the closet, I grab a box and pull out an air mattress. I blow it up and put it in the living room against the couch, I put the blankets on it. I grab the pillows off of the couch and put them on the air mattress, Brennen and Colby leave a few minutes later. 45 minutes go by and there's a knock at the door, I get up from the air mattress and walk over to the front door. I open it and see Chase, he walks in. I shut the door behind him.
Sydney: Hi Chase.
Chase: Hey.

He smiles at me, he sets his bag down and hugs me. I hug him back, I lift my head up and kiss him. He kisses me back, he grabs my legs and lifts me up without breaking the kiss. I wrap my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck, he walks over to the air mattress. He lays me on it and gets on top of me, he goes to take his shirt off. I pull away from the kiss.
Sydney: Chase no. We can't do that. We're in the living room and I don't know when Colby and Brennen will be back from dinner.
Chase: Well then let's go upstairs to your room.
Sydney: *Laughs* Or we could watch a movie like we planned.
Chase: But we can combine those two things together like Netflix And Chill.
Sydney: No. *laughs*
Chase: Fine.

He kisses me again and gets off of me, he lays on his back and I turn on a movie. He lays his head on my chest and I start playing with his hair, 2 hours go by and we've finished a movie. Chase lifts his head off of my chest and I stand up.
Sydney: I'll be right back. I have to go to the bathroom.
Chase: Okay.

I walk upstairs to the bathroom, I shut the bathroom door.

(Chase's POV)
I hear the bathroom door shut and I stand up, I walk over to my bag and open it. I grab my camera and a engagement ring box, I put a promise ring in the box instead of an actual engagement ring. I put the box in my back pocket and set the camera up, I hide it so it's not noticeable. I walk to the end of the stairs and hear the bathroom door open and close again.

(Sydney's POV)
I walk out of the bathroom and see Chase standing at the end of the stairs.
Sydney: What are you doing? *laughs*
Chase: You'll see. Come here.

I walk down the stairs and Chase grabs my hand, he brings me to a little area in front of the front door.
Chase: So I have been thinking, I know we are young but I've realized that over this past year that we've been together that I want to spend the rest my life with you.

Chase gets down on one knee and I put my hand over my mouth, he pulls out a small black box from his back pocket.
Sydney: Chase we're seventeen.
Chase: I know that we are young but I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I have everything planned out. When we turn eighteen we can move into our own apartment and we can finish school and then have a kid or two. I'm planning the most perfect life for us Syd. Will you marry me?

The front door opens, I turn around and see Brennen and Colby.
Brennen: Okay n-n-no. You guys are seventeen. You aren't getting married.
Sydney: Go away Brennen. It's not your choice.
Brennen: Sydney I don't think you guys realize how serious getting married is. Mom will flip. You live with me and she will freak if I let you get married at the age of seventeen. She hasn't even met Chase yet.
Sydney: Oh well. It's not her choice and it's not yours. Go away.
Brennen: Fine.

Brennen rolls his eyes and they walk upstairs, I look back at Chase. He stands up.
Chase: Is that a yes?
Sydney: Yeah.

I smile and kiss Chase, he kisses me back.
Chase: Do you want to see the ring?

I nod my head, Chase let's go of my hand and opens the box. When he opens the box I see a ring, he takes the ring and puts it on my finger. He puts the box back in his pocket and grabs my hands again.
Chase: Okay before you get too far ahead of everything this is a prank. My camera is over there and I thought this would be a funny prank.

I take my hands away from him.
Sydney: Chase, why would you do that? That's not funny. If it's a prank why is there an actual ring on my finger?

Chase grabs my hands again.
Chase: Just listen to me. That's a promise ring. I promise that one day I will replace it with an engagement and wedding ring. I promise you that we will spend the rest of our lives together. I love you. I love you so much and I'm sorry. I thought it would be funny.

Chase lets go of my hands, he wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me towards him. He hugs me, a few seconds pass by and I lay my head on his shoulder and wrap my arms around his waist.
Chase: I'm sorry.

He kisses my cheek.
Sydney: It's okay. I love you.
Chase: I love you too. Do you want to finish the movies?
Sydney: Yeah.
Chase: Okay.

Chase lets go of me and turns his camera off, we walk over to the air mattress and lay back down. I lay my head on his chest and he starts another movie.