Ch. Fourteen

It was nice to have a relaxing day with Sewoon. He's surprisingly good at arcade games but not better than me, of course. Nonetheless, we had a great time. It's nice to have a close friend that's normal; I don't have to worry that much. I wish I had someone like Sewoon back in the US.

It's slowly becoming colder as the season starts to change to winter. It's mid November which means Kangji is debuting in a few days with THREE H3ARTS. He's also decided to graduate early so it can be easier for him as he starts to promote their first mini album. I have yet to meet his two other group members, which makes sense since they're a year or two older than Kangji. Honestly, I'm starting to loose track of names here, there's always new guys coming left and right. I don't even want to think about ever meeting The Boyz members since they're 12 of them*.

I wake up on a cloudy Saturday morning. I walk downstairs to find Jihoon and my parents eating breakfast. I wonder when they're going to start waking me up instead of being polite and letting me sleep. I realized I haven't been spending much time with my parents but there's not much I can do; they're always working in the hospital, doing their work and stuff so we don't always have time available to...hang out. At least I have Jihoon, though.

"Finally, she's awake!" Jihoon says in a sort of sarcastic but playful tone.
My parents look at me and smile.
"Jihoon has prepared breakfast for us- come sit down and eat with us." my mother says very dearly.
I sit down across from my parents: My dad is focused on the news and my mother is checking facebook, I'm sure.
Jihoon gives me a plate of eggs, some meat that I can't classify, and he lays down other side dishes that I also can't classify.
I haven't gotten used to all this korean food, I have only been here for 6 months now. For all I know, it's delicious.
"Are you enjoying your food?" asked Jihoon with a hopeful expression on his face.
I take a second to swallow my food and smile at him. "Definitely! I usually make my own food since you don't cook for me," My parents look at my brother in a confusing manner and Jihoon tries to keep a calm face. It's certainly amusing. I continue, "so it's nice to eat something good for once." I keep on eating while my parents yell at my brother for seemingly not taking care of me enough. I let out a slight chuckle.

After we all finished with our breakfast, my father headed out for an important meeting. It was my mother's day off but she's not a lazy type of person; she enjoys keeping herself busy so she decided to head out too, probably to find a patient to do surgery for, I don't know!

It was just me and Jihoon once again. We both sat in the living room watching a cartoon on the TV but I got bored of it pretty easily so I got up from the floor and headed upstairs to my room. Jihoon was to focused on the cartoon to notice I even moved. Once I got into my room, I got a sudden wave of nostalgia. I sat down at my desk in the far corner of my room and let my thoughts run.
I haven't seen Sunwoo since yesterday when I apologized to him for acting out of him in our last conversation. i wonder what goes on in his mind. I didn't think he could be a complicated guy like this. Unless I'm just having a hard time reading him. The possibility of him having any sort of romantic feelings for me in small. He's already pretty popular so I'm sure he's seen pretty and older girls. I'm sure he can't even date since he's barely been apart of The Boyz for almost a year now. He's about a year older than me: He's currently 19 and I'm 18 here, so not bad right? Why would he be interested in someone younger...He's out of my league anyways, what chance do I have?

I lay my head down and start to doze off. I literally have no plans today and I'm surprised Jihoon doesn't have any plans either. I remember it's getting close to the day his group debuts. I have yet to meet them too; Jihoon doesn't like to talk about his career life around me and I haven't figured out why. I wish he would talk to me a bit more about his stuff...He treats me as if I was only a distant cousin or something. Will I ever become closer to my family here? I think I've been too focused on my feelings for Sunwoo that I haven't been thinking about my own life. This is what happens when I become so vulnerable with my emotions: I become obsessed and unable to help but think about him. It's happened so many times in the past, I don't know how I expected things to be different here.

A FEW HOURS LATER...

"Riyae! Riyae!!"
I slowly open my eyes and see Jihoon beside my desk, shouting my name.
"What is it?" I lazily say to Jihoon.
"I forgot to tell you that we're heading out today."
Heading out? Right now?
"Why are you telling me this now?" I say with a tired voice. I really thought I was able to stay in for once.
"I said I forgot. You better start getting ready, though, we leave at 3." He walks off and doesn't even close the door.
3? I look at my phone to see the time.
That's in an hour!

*This is taking place in 2018, before Hwall left
:(