Ch. Seventeen

A FEW HOURS LATER...
I can faintly hear an alarm but don't feel like waking up. I'm slightly conscious so I can feel the warmth of my blankets.

Blankets? I must be back in my bed. I can feel the soft blanket and the warm pillow on my left...weird way to lay on a pillow, and it's moving...my breathing must be moving the pillow and I must've left the TV on before going to bed...wait, TV??

I paused my thoughts for a second trying to figure out what's going on.
I don't have a TV in my room.
I slightly open my eyes and see the television is on in front of me. I can still hear the alarm going off but only faintly.
I feel the blanket but I don't remember having one before dozing off. And I feel the pillow that I didn't have before either.
Wait.
I jerk myself awake and look to my left and see no pillow, but see Sunwoo instead. Sunwoo was wide awake watching the TV. He looks at me with a surprised and startled look. I look around, feeling confused, and see that everyone else is still asleep except I don't see Kangji on the couch anymore.
Perhaps he went up to his own bed.
Finally understanding my surroundings, I look back at Sunwoo and he gives me a sweet smile. I rub my eyes and stretch a little.
"What time is it?" I ask as I go to reach for my phone.
"It's almost 9pm." Sunwoo answers quietly.
"9pm ?? I slept that long?" I said in a loud whisper.
I didn't think I was that tired...
"Yeah, you seemed really peacful while sleeping." Sunwoo said in a shy voice.
" But we should wake everyone else up so they can go home." He said quickly before I could react to his previous statement.
I agreed and slowly start to stand up and walk over to my brother and the twins. They were pretty difficult to wake up since they were so stubborn. They wouldn't stop whining.
"Just wake up so we can go home and you can sleep on your bed instead of the floor." I say to Jihoon and I start to shake him more and more aggressively.
After a couple of minutes. Sunwoo and I managed to wake them up and we started to head out.
"Should we at least let K know that we're leaving?" Danny asked.
"No, he knows." Sunwoo responded quickly.
Danny looked to his brother and shrugged.
"Alright, is you say so."

MONDAY
The morning sun shined through my window and lit up my room- nature's alarm clock. I slowly woke up from the brightness of the autumn sun, slowly remembering the events of Kangji's graduation party. I can't help but wonder who covered me in that blanket...
A memory suddenly sparked into my mind.
I slept on Sunwoo's shoulder...
Realizing this, my heart started racing, my palms started sweating, and my face felt hot.
I had to take a minute to process this memory.
I really slept on Sunwoo's shoulder...
How did this happen?? Why did this happen?? How did I let myself do this??
This isn't good.
I started to panick more and more.

It doesn't mean anything, right? Maybe my neck just felt weak and accidentally landed on his shoulder. I was technically unconscious so I had no control over my body.

I kept on making excuses in case Sunwoo askes me about it later on, it if someone accidentally saw.
After brushing all of my thoughts away, I looked to see the time.
Crap, I'm gonna be late!

I arrived to school and saw Sewoon near the entrance. I walked up to him and said nothing to prevent myself from having to think about last night.
"Hey, Riyae! I heard Kanji had his graduation/ debut party last night, did you go? Was it fun?" Sewoon asked very enthusiastically.
I let out a big sigh and rolled my eyes.
"I really don't want to talk about it right now, Sewoon." I said, trying not to sound rude.
He gave me a confused look but ultimately understood.

We entered school and went about our day as we normally would. It actually took me a long time to get used to this type of schedule; It's completely different from high schools in the US.
During lunch, I only sit with Sewoon since he's still the only friend I've made. I haven't really been trying to meet people anyways.
Sewoon went on and on about the recent test he took in his mathematics class.
"There were so many questions and they were all easy! I'm pretty sure I didn't miss a single one! Everyone else seemed to struggle but not me!"
It was pretty ironic hearing Sewoon talking so confidently about his grades. Back in the US, I had straight A's but ever since I moved here, I've been getting C's and even D's. I'm still not completely fluent in the language so it's been hard trying to learn all these subject in a different way. But Sewoon has been helping me a lot and is proud to be able to help.
"...and there was a question that I was stuck on for a while but immediately thought of the answer like 5 seconds afterw-" He stopped himself after realizing I wasn't exactly enjoying this.
"Sorry, I didn't mean to be too prideful." Sewoon said in a very apologetic tone.
"It's fine, Sewoon, don't worry about it."
We were in awkward silence for a few seconds before Sewoon spoke up again.
"I notice something's really bothering you. What's on your mind?"
Even though Sewoon can be a lot sometimes, he can still be really caring and sweet.

I decided to talk about last night and what happened with Sunwoo.
Sewoon took a while to process every word I said, then he opened his mouth to speak.
"Ohhh, so Sunwoo's the guy you like, huh?" He says in a teasingly way.
I forgot that I never told him who I specifically had feelings for...
"I knew it was one of your brother's friends."
I just shrugged.
"They're kinda my only other friends here." I reminded him.
Sewoon continued to talk.
"So you two spent time together at the party and talked basically about nothing?"
I shrugged again.
"I didn't really know what to say, I actually don't know a lot about him personally."
Sewoon sighs and shakes his head.
"That's why you talk! You talk to get to know each other! How can you like him if you don't actually know him?"
I sat there with a blank face.

He's right. Why do I like Sunwoo? Is it because he's Jihoon's friend? Is it because he's been kind to be from the beginning? Why do I feel so drawn to him and interested in him? All these questions I haven't thought much about.

"I..um...," I couldn't find the right words to say.
"That's what I thought." Sewoon said with the same prideful look he had when taking about his math test.
"You should really get to know him more. Try to make plans with him and you should start texting since you don't see each other for long."
I thought about it for a second.

How can I ask Sunwoo for his phone number?? That's wayyy out of my comfort zone and I've never asked a guy for their number! But Sewoon's right, if I actually want a chance with Sunwoo, I need to hang out with him more.

"You're right, I need to start having really conversations with him and have real hang outs."
"Haven't you guys already hung out once? When I first met them, you went to play soccer with him, right?" Sewoon suddenly reminds me of something I thought I wouldn't forget.
"Yeah, that did happen..." I was starting to get embarrassed that I was actually having this problem. I also remembered that Sunwoo told me he wanted to become closer with me, so it wouldn't be hard to ask him to hang out, hopefully.
Sewoon nodded and gave one last happy and prideful look.
"What would you do without me?"