Chapter 44

*Mature content*

~~~Jaxson's POV~~~

She's on her way back. Sean linked me from the interrogation room. Something about his voice concerned me. It sounded almost haunted.

What's wrong dude?

That was....so disturbing on so many levels. He sounded so shaken. Now I'm worried. Was Ember ok?

What do you mean? Is Ember ok?

Um. I think so. I mean torturing someone from your past probably doesn't make you ok.

Then what's wrong?

Well, for starters, I heard a tiny bit of her past. He said her cousin wanted to fucking sell her to a sex trafficker or he is a sex trafficker? I growled furiously. I knew she was being "examined" to be sold but she never knew what for.

She made a ball of fire in her hand! I smirked. That's my girl. And she had some weird sort of energy burst. It broke a few lightbulbs and threw Trent against the wall. It was kind of epic. But I almost couldn't watch when she took a rusty knife and literally sawed his dick and balls off. Then she shoved them down his throat! That's violent even for me. My eyebrows shot up. My warrior mate has a sadistic side. She deserves it.

Try not to think about it. He still alive?

Yeah, I had a doctor on standby who stopped the bleeding and inserted a catheter so he could piss. I just can't believe she's had to go through so much. Sean's voice tilted in resignation.

I know. I saw it all. I grimaced. Those memories are not going to go away anytime soon.

Even the pup? I clenched my eyes shut. I can't get over how she felt when that happened. It was one of the final things to break her.

Yeah. How on earth did that come up?

Sean sighed in my head. He was talking about how Dimitri had wanted to sell her but when she conceived, he changed his mind. I ended up ending the session when he kept telling Ember how Dimitri was infatuated with her. I snarled, clenching my fists and grinding my teeth together.

He will never have her. He will never get my angel, my precious mate. My life. He cannot.

We will fight to the end. I closed the link with Sean as I heard the apartment door open. My precious soul looked so tired.

I found my feet automatically drifting towards her, pulling me until she was close enough that I could wrap my arms around her.

"You ok baby?" She sighed and buried her head in my chest, tightening her arms around my waist.

"I'm fine. Only tired. I'm not used to having powers. They sort of wiped me out." She admitted.

I rest my chin on top of her head. "You'll learn with practice. You just have to build up and find what your threshold is. How's Aoralia?"

"Heartbroken." I pulled back to tilt her head up, staring at her intently. "She remembered our pup and how we can never conceive. She's sleeping right now." I nodded slightly, knowing this was hard for them both. I wish I could make it all better.

"Let's go up to bed. You need some rest too." I led Ember upstairs, my arm wrapped protectively around her waist as we walked.

We got to the bedroom and Ember immediately began stripping. My body ignited with passion for my sexy mate. My eyes darkened on her bare figure. Her eyes snapped to mine when I groaned softly.