Chapter 45

~~~Third Person POV~~~

Ember awoke first, blinking at the dimly lit room. It was incredibly early. The sun has not yet risen. She gingerly stretched her muscles out, careful not to wake her sleeping mate. She turned her body around carefully so she could gaze upon his face. He was in need of a shave, his scruff becoming shaggier.

She gently traced the curve of his jaw, his body leaning towards her touch even in his sleep. She loved being able to affect him just as he did her. He stirred beside her, his eyelids fluttering open to reveal his amazing emerald eyes. She could never get used to this. To him. He made her feel whole again.

She smiled softly at him as sleep sank away from his eyes. His toothy grin returned as he briefly stretched and turned to face her more. He brushed his callused hand across her arm. Slowly tracing it up and down. She giggled softly and the ticklish feeling.

His grin widened as if he had won a prize. They continued gazing into each other's eyes, smiling, no words needed in that moment. But for him, she thought she'd try. He had given her everything in just a few short weeks.

"I love you. So much more than I could ever tell you in words. I love how protective you are. I love how gentle you can be. I love how fiercely you love. That smile that lights up your face, like I'm the only person in the world that could ever matter. I love the way your eyes crinkle when you laugh and the dimple in your cheek. You make me a better person. Someone who has something to fight for. You make me complete." His eyes never left hers as she spoke. Ingesting every word, she spoke. His other half. His soulmate.

"And I love you. More." He smirked as she glared in fake anger. He had said the same words to her before. She didn't need or want them repeated. This was for her to tell him exactly what he meant to her. A broken wolf who was beginning to get glued back together again. Hopefully, the glue would hold.

She giggled as he leaned down and brushed his nose against the curvature of her neck and shoulder. Gently nuzzling his mark that graced her skin. This was heaven to him.

"Stop it, that tickles." She laughs as he continues to nuzzle her, his scruffy beard tickling her skin.

"Really?" He grinned against her skin, pressing a chaste kiss to her mark, feeling her shiver beneath him. He trailed his lips across her skin, just barely skimming the surface.

"Jaxson!" She squirmed. Her voice becoming breathless even to her own ears. He nipped her skin causing a gasp to escape her lips.

"Naughty wolf." She berated him. "It's a good think you're cute." He pulled back to look at her in mock shock.

"I am not cute." He huffed. His smile fighting to break through at his mates teasing. "I am a sexy man beast." She laughed at his description.

"Mmhm. You are my sexy man beast. But also, my cute, adorable cuddle buddy." He grumbled as she continued throwing cute and cuddly around in reference to him. She thought she heard him mumble something like I'm not adorable, she's adorable. She couldn't quite hear as she brought her lips to his, meaning to pull away in a quick peck, but being unable to do so. He completely consumes her. She craves everything about him. She deepens the kiss, her tongue probing the seam of his lips as he parts them in expectation. Her fingers tangle in his hair as he groans his approval.

She will never get used to how he makes her feel. The intensity of just his gaze can light a fire in her belly, rapidly growing and burning bright until nothing can quench it but him.

He thought the same of her. Her wide, doe eyed expressions when she's surprised at something, her fierceness at things that upset her. Her ability to never give in despite the worlds constant barrage of torment against her. She was powerful and she didn't even realize it. He loved her more and more with each passing day. He loved feeling her way soft, pliant body beneath him. The amazing feeling of her soft, luscious lips against his. How he loved to see them red and swollen after an intense kiss. She was now his world and he would have it no other way.

They remained entrapped in each other's arms even as the sun rose and the sounds of the pack waking up greeted their ears. Hesitant to break the spell that surrounded them. They sank into each other's embrace, knowing that there may not be many times like this in the near future.

They spent the day worshiping each other, bodies entangled in the bed sheets as pleasure coursed through them.

Yes, the future remained uncertain. But right now, all that truly mattered was each other.

A/N

Thought we could use another fluffy chapter before all hell breaks loose. 😈

Sorry for all the POV changes. I'm thinking of possible staying in third person. It seemed easier to write to be descriptive without making everything sound repetitive. What do you think? Do you all have a preference?