chapter 3

"Hey, it's your first day. Why are you crying?" "Please just leave me alone." I said between sobs. Maybe the razors will come back out..

I was in 8th period when the teacher called on me to show my drawing. I'm good at drawing, so I drew animals. I went up to the front and put my drawing up. "Looks like her." I heard someone whisper. "You have talent Aby! This is amazing. " "Thanks." I said trying to hide my face with my hair. "That's really good!" Said a girl next to me. I think her name is Beatrice. I smiled slightly. The bell rung. "Finally!" I thought to myself. As I was going to my locker some guys bumped into me. Making me drop my stuff. My razors fell out, luckily no one helped. But then I saw him coming. Nash. "No!" I yelled as he bent down. He looked at the razors as I stuffed them in my backpack. "Aby, please I know we just met but can we talk?" He asked ina desperately way. "No, I don't need your opinion on anything in my life." I snapped. I hurried out the door. I can easily walk from school to home so I did. As I was walking I heard footsteps behind me. "Hey." I turned to see Taylor. Really wasn't in the mood to even talk to him. I started walking faster. "Wait. What the hell is wrong with you?" He yelled. "Look just leave me alone. Please!" I snapped. "Aby please talk to me!" He said grabbing my arm. "WHAT?! WHAT DO YOU WANT?" I screamed. "Aby, why are you crying? Are you okay? " he asked. "I'm fine." I said wiping my tears. He pulled me in for a hug. I began sobbing into his chest. He took me to his house. I know what you're thinking. I barely know the guy, but he's nice. "Tell me what's wrong please aby?" "Look, I just miss home. I'm not this California girl. I jus- my phone buzzed. I had 7 missed calls from my mom. " I have to go." I said quickly leaving. I ran down the street where my mom was outside talking to my father. "There you are!!" She said hugging me. " I was talking to ... a teacher." I said hesitating. "Okay well dinner is in the oven and I have a night shift so help yourself, your father has another flight so you'll be home alone for a little bit. " I went inside and put on some music. I begun cleaning when I heard the doorbell. Probably mom forgot something. I opened the door to Beatrice. "Hi??" She smiled wide and said "I live 2 blocks away and decided to come and we could check out the neighborhood together?!" She said. "Sure, let me change.." I grabbed my phone and walked out the door.