Chapter 46

Jack P.O.V

I went back in the store and walked up to Jennifer as she saw me she smiled. "Hey!" She said still smiling. I waved. "Jennifer wanna uh.. wanna go to the dance with me?" I asked nervously. She smiled really big. "Yes!" She said hugging me. "I've liked you for a while now." She said looking down at her boots. "Same here." I said. "Well I'm gonna go, I'll text you." I said walking out the store. "Well?" Aby asked. I looked down at my feet. "She said yes." I said looking up at her. "OMG Jack!! Congrats!" She said hugging me. I smiled. "Let's go Aby."

Aby P.O.V

As we were walking out of the store I saw Sydney talking to Nash. I looked at Jack. He had a disgusted look on his face. I looked back at Nash who was looking at me. I rolled my eyes and looked away. As we got home I looked at the fridge there was a note on it from Mom.
Aby & Jack : They put me on the night shift as you know but I want to make more money so whatever they offer me I take. I'll be there for your talent show. Aby, Liza is coming with me tomorrow. Love you see you then.

I looked at Jack who was still reading. I frowned, she's been working way too many hours. I know something is wrong. I called Dad. "Hello?" He said his voice shaking. "Dad, um where are you? You said you would be at mt talent show." I said annoyed. "Baby, my flight is tomorrow at 6:40am, I promise I'll be there. Love you. Bye." The phone went dead. I rolled my eyes and threw my phone on the counter. "Everything okay?" Jack asked. "No, last month I found divorce papers in the mail. Now she's working long hours? It's like they don't want to see each other." I said sadly. He came over and hugged me. "If something is wrong they'll tell you. You're mature enough to take this." He said looking in my eyes. See, he makes everything better. "Is your mom coming down?" I asked going to the living room. He nodded. "Her flight will be when were heading to school." He said sitting by me. "I missed this." I said leaning on his shoulder. "Missed what?" He asked confused. "Me and you. Being close." He smiled. "Me too Abs." He said putting his head on mine. "Can you go get my phone?" I said starting to laugh. He nodded and rolled his eyes. He tossed it to me. "Thank you." I said smiling. I had 3 texts. Cameron, Taylor, Nash

Cam(: - can't wait for tomorrow! Super excited.

Tayyy- Babee, have a wonderful day tomorrow.

Nash- can we talk.

I only responded to Nash.

- NOPE. BYE.

I deleted his number and every text we have had. I scoffed and went upstairs. Someone was at my balcony. I opened the doors. It was Beatrice. "Uhh Bea!! You scared me!" I yelled as I helped her up. "Sorry, no one would answer the door." She said going into my room. "No one knocked on the door." I said confused. "Whatever, what do you need to talk about?" I asked laying on my bed. "Liza." She said flatly. I looked at her. "What about Liza?" I said angrily. "You're my best friend,  and I don't want her to take you away from me." She said staring at the ground. "Me and Liza are about as close as me and you but I understand where you're coming from. But she was there for me when no one else was. But I won't forget about you. I love you." I said hugging her. "Is that why you always went silent on the phone when I mentioned her?" I said looking at her. She nodded. "Can you walk me out?" She asked quietly. I nodded.