Chapter 35

Taylor P.O.V

I woke up alone in a hospital room. I groaned. I was in pain all over. A pretty nurse came in. "Oh, you're up." She said with a smile. "Need anything?" She asked. I shook my head. "No. Is my mom here?" I asked quietly. "No but she said she would come see you at her lunch break, 3." She said giving medicine in my IV. She walked out. I texted Aby.

- hey aby. Wanna see me after school?

Aby(:- or I can come see you now lol. I didn't go to school.

-yes.

Aby(:- getting ready now. See ya.

I smiled the thought of her makes me smile. We kissed which made my day better yesterday. I wanna ask her to the dance but I don't know if she can go.

Aby P.O.V

I smiled. "Ma, can you take me to the hospital?" I said desperately. She nodded. "Yeah, but only be there for a little I need sleep." She said drinking her coffee. (She doesnt know who I'm seeing) I went and got ready. I put some high waisted pants on and a white tshirt with white vans. "Ready." I said with a wide grin. She drove quickly. Soon we were at the hospital. I walked in his room, he was watching TV. "Hey." He said with a wide smile. I waved and giggled. "How are you doing?" I asked touching his hand. "Not well, but hey I see you and that makes me better. I smiled. "Do you remember seeing me last night?" I mumbled. "I remember seeing your tears." He said sliding his fingers in between mine. "I was protecting my mom. He hit her, and I thought he can't hit a woman, especially my mom so hit me. & that's exactly what he did." He said squeezing my hand. "I'm sorry." I said with tears in my eyes. "Battle scars." He said sitting up in the bed. He patted next to him. "Let's watch TV." He said as he scooted over. I got next to him. "You forgave Nash, haven't you?" He asked looking into my eyes. I nodded. He leaned in but I got up. "I gotta go." I said grabbing my phone. "I'm sorry Aby." He said loudly as I closed the door. Why does everyone think it's crazy I forgave Nash? He didn't say anything. Sydney did. I shook the memory away and got in the car. "You okay?" Mom asked looking at me. I nodded. "Yeah." I mumbled. I put in my ear phones and turned the music all the way up.