Chapter 16

Deku POV:

Mr. Aizawa walked out of the building, leaving us all shocked by his information. Rewind was dead, and Todoroki and Kacchan were now stuck like this forever. I put my hand on my forehead and leaned back on the couch.

"This isn't real." I whispered. I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey, they're going to be okay." Iida tried to assure me. I looked over at him.

"Thanks for trying to cheer me up, but I'm still confused. It doesn't make sense why Shigaraki would kill him. I knew that those two didn't like each other, but isn't that taking it a little too far, even for villains?" I asked.

"Who knows what's going on inside a villain's head," Kaminari said. "For all we know, they're just insane."

"Maybe you guys are right. I'm just a little shocked with the outcome, that's all." I said.

We all sat there in silence for a while. No one had anything to say. Eventually, Yaoyorozu and Jiro came back over with the kids.

"Did Mr. Aizawa leave already?" Yaoyorozu asked.

"Yeah, he did a few minutes ago." Ashido answered.

They set the kids on the ground. Todoroki and Kacchan scanned their eyes around the room until they saw me. They each took an eager step forward like they were about to run to me, but they suddenly stopped in their tracks. They looked like they wanted to come over, but didn't.

"What's wrong?" I asked them.

"You're you, right? You're really Midoriya?" Todoroki asked quietly.

"Todoroki, what are you talking about? Of course I'm me." I was confused as to what he meant by that.

"But at the park we thought that we saw you, but it wasn't you! Are you really Deku this time!?" Kacchan shouted. He looked scared.

"Yes Kacchan, I'm really me." I tried to assure him.

"S-say that again." Kacchan said. "What did you call me?"

"I called you Kacchan, just like I have all the years that I've known you." I was beginning to worry even more. What exactly happened to make them lose their trust in me?

"Deku!" Kacchan yelled as he ran to me. Todoroki was following right behind him. I opened my arms just as the kids ran into them. They hugged me tight and snuggled into my sides. I heard them start to sniffle.

"It's okay now." I whispered to them. I lifted my head to look at everyone else.

"What happened while they were gone?" I asked the girls. They looked at one another, probably trying to mentally decide who was going to tell me. Every second that passed felt like an eternity. Finally, Uraraka spoke up.

"Well..." She started. "Toga ended up getting some of your blood from the fight a few days ago. She disguised herself as you and attacked us..." She trailed off.

The kids were tensing up, probably from thinking about it. I started to feel even worse.

"It was because of me that the villains were able to pull this off. If I wasn't so weak in the first fight, then they might not have gotten my blood. It's all my fault, isn't it?" I thought. I hugged the kids tighter.

"Do you two want to go up to my room?" I asked them. I just wanted to be alone with them for a while. They nodded their heads, which were still in my sides. I put my arms under them and stood up. I walked out of the living room and headed towards my room.

Todoroki POV:

I still can't shake the thought out of my head no matter how hard I tried. The quirk is now permanent. I don't know what's going to happen to me, or even what they're going to do with me now. I just hope that I'm not sent back home. My dad would kill me if he found out this happened.