Chapter 28

Bakugo POV:

The entire day went by pretty slowly. I didn't feel like doing anything except for sulking in my own grief and think about all of the things I should have done to prevent this. I mainly stayed in my room, and my parents would constantly check up on me to see how I was doing. I would give them the same answer every time:

"I'm fine. You don't have to worry about me."

But no matter how many times I said it, they would still come back. I don't think they believed it. Hell, I didn't even believe it myself. I guess that I just wasn't that good at hiding how I felt.

My parents have taken the next week off work. UA thought that it would be better for them to do so, that way they can help me adjust.

UA has really been doing a lot for us apparently. They insisted that they helped us since they still blame themselves for  everything that happened, even though it was my own stupid fault.

They offered to purchase all of the things that I'm going to need, like clothes and toys and such. They're even working with the government and a few others to change all of mine and Todoroki's records. It will be like those last twelve years of our lives never existed. It's a completely fresh start for us.

Everyone who is aware of what happened has been sworn to secrecy. We are prohibited from ever even mentioning the incident. This is, after all, the third mishappening involving the League of Villains and UA students from the hero course. If the press were to find out, it would mean disaster for UA.

I was sitting on the floor of my bedroom and looking at a few of the new things that I got. I heard a knock on my door, which didn't even faze me. I figured it was just my parents checking on me again, so I didn't even look up. The door slowly creaked open, then I saw my parents walk in from the corner of my eye.

"I told you guys that I'm fine." I said.

"We know that you keep saying that, but do you really mean it?" My mom asked.

I glanced up at them. They looked a little concerned. I sighed and looked back down at my new things, not giving them an answer.

"So UA called a minute ago." My dad said. Hearing the school's name sparked my interest a little bit. I perked my head up and looked at him.

"Really? What was it about?" I asked.

"They just wanted to tell us that all of your things from the dorms will be delivered tomorrow." He said.

"Oh...okay." I answered. I'm not sure why, but I was hoping for him to say something different. I was hoping that there was a small chance that I could go back, but I realize how stupid that is now. With Rewind gone, I can't expect anything to go back to the way it was.

"Sorry Katsuki, we know that's not what you wanted to hear." My mom said.

"No, it's fine." I said in the most positive tone that I was able to.

I yawned and rubbed my eye with my fist. I was feeling so tired all of a sudden.

"I think it's time for bed." My mom said as she made her way over to me.

"No, I'm not tired." I tried to assure her.

She ignored my statement and picked me up without saying anything. She walked over to my closet to get me something to change into. She set me on my bed and helped me change, then she pulled the covers back and laid me down. I didn't feel like resisting. There was nothing I could do about it.

My dad came over and handed me my bear. I held on to it tight as my mom pulled the covers over me.

"It feels like forever since we've done this." She giggled. She brushed my bangs out of my face and kissed my forehead. Her lips felt warm and gentle against my skin. I couldn't help but smile as my eyelids started to fall.