Chapter 19

Deku POV:

The rest of the day, our class hung out with the kids, trying to get as much time with them as they could. I mainly watched them, as I didn't want to keep them from everyone else.

I was sitting on the couch talking with Ojiro as the kids played with his tail. I'm pretty sure they got that from Kaminari.

"Are you fine with that?" I asked him and nodded my head towards the kids. He looked at them, then back at me.

"Yeah, I really don't mind it. Besides, it seems to make them happy." He said. He lifted his tail up slightly, and the kids giggled with excitement as they tried to grab it.

I chuckled at them and looked at the time on my phone. It was getting close to time for them to go to bed. I really didn't want to take them from their fun, but they needed rest. Tomorrow was going to be emotionally draining for all of us.

"Midoriya, are you okay?" Ojiro asked.

"Huh?" I looked up from my phone and at him. "Yeah, I'm fine. It's just almost time for them to go to sleep."

Ojiro nodded and stood up from the couch. He talked quietly to the kids for a second, then hugged them. Todoroki and Kacchan got up and slowly walked over to me.

"Are you two ready to go?" I asked them. They looked at their feet and nodded. I stood up.

"Then tell everyone goodnight." I said.

They stood there for a second, then turned around to face everyone. "Good night," they said just loud enough for the others to hear.

Everyone looked in their direction, and for a split second, their faces dropped. They quickly turned them into smiles before it upset the kids anymore. They all said goodnight, then I walked away with the kids at my sides.

It pained me to take them away from the class like this. This is the last time they're going to see them until morning, and tomorrow is the day when they have to leave.

Bakugo POV:

I hugged my stuffed bear tight as we walked silently up to Deku's room. When we got there, he let us in, then he followed behind. I walked over to the bed as Deku went to his closet to get us some pajamas.

He came back and got each of us dressed, then himself into a t-shirt and sweatpants. He picked me up and sat me on the side of the bed closest to the wall, then put Todoroki on the side closest to the edge of the bed before walking to his desk.

"I don't want to sleep..." Todoroki said quietly.

Deku looked at him, then looked down. "I know you don't, but it's been a long day. You two need rest for tomorrow." He said as he turned on the small night light.

"Can't we stay up a little longer?" I argued. "I don't want to leave! Going to sleep will only make the time go faster!"

Deku sighed and walked over to the door. He turned off the light, then came back over to us.

"I'm sorry you guys, but it's time for bed."

I growled with irritation. "It's no fair that you're big and can stay up late!"

Deku sat on the bed and slid between me and Todoroki. "Actually, I'm pretty exhausted from today. I'm going to sleep right now with you two."

Deku pulled the covers up and flopped his head on the pillow. It looked like Todoroki gave in, because he laid down with him. I stayed sitting up. I didn't want to go to sleep yet. I didn't want to go home. I held my bear tight to try and relieve some of the stress.