Chapter 22

Todoroki POV:

I didn't think anything of the knock on the door at first. But as soon as the room fell silent, I realized what it meant. My heart started to race. I didn't want to leave.

I looked over at Bakugo, who was standing next to me. His eyes were wide open, and he appeared to be slightly shaking. He was holding his stuffed bear tight and close to his chest.

I saw the door start to open, and my body acted on its own. I grabbed Bakugo's wrist and started running. I ran behind the couch, which was the closest hiding place I saw. When we stopped, Bakugo fell to his knees taking sharp and shallow breaths.

"I don't want to go," he whispered, looking up at me. I was about to say something, but I heard a pair of footsteps walking into the common area.

"Hi everyone," I heard Mr. Aizawa say. "Where are they?"

I covered my mouth and nose with my hands to quiet my heavy breathing. I was so scared right now. It felt like we were being hunted, like we were going to die if they found us.

I heard some people get off the couches and start walking around. They were looking for us. I heard the footsteps get closer, and my heart started to race faster. I saw Yaoyorozu come into view. She looked around, then I saw her look in our direction.

"I found them," she said quietly to the others.

She walked over to us, and my legs started to move again. But before I could get too far, I felt her hands around my torso. She lifted me off the ground, and my body tensed up. She brought me close to her and held on tight. I buried my face into her neck to avoid looking anyone in the eyes right now.

"You're going to be okay," she whispered to me. I felt her walk over to everyone else. There was nothing I could do about any of this. All I could do was sit there shaking in her arms.

Yaoyorozu lowered me to the ground in front of Mr. Aizawa. Bakugo was put next to me by Kirishima.

"I'll be right back," Mr. Aizawa said. He walked back to the front door and stuck his head out of it. He came back into the common area followed by a man with spiky brown hair and glasses, and a woman with fluffy ash blonde hair and crimson eyes.

"Hi Katsuki," the woman said when they came into the room.

"Hi mom and dad," Bakugo said quietly as he stared at his feet.

I should have guessed that these were his parents sooner. After all, Bakugo appears to be a spitting image of his mother.

I saw another person enter the room after them. It was a shorter woman with dark green hair pulled back into a partial bun.

"Mom?" Midoriya asked from behind me. "What are you doing here?"

"Wait, this is Midoriya's mom?" I looked at Midoriya, then back at the woman. They both shared the same warm smile, along with their emerald green eyes and hair.

"Hi Izuku, sweetie. I was asked to look after your little friend for a week until he can go home." She said. Her voice was so soft and sweet.

"Yes," Mr. Aizawa said. "I asked Mr. and Mrs. Bakugo if they knew any responsible people who would be willing to take care of Todoroki for the time being."

"That's right!" Bakugo's mom said as she hugged Midoriya's mom. "And who better for the job than Inko? She's great with kids!"

Mr. Aizawa continued. "After a quick background check, we decided that Mrs. Midoriya will be watching him until Endeavor is done with his course on properly raising children to have a better future."