Chapter 19

((Em's POV))

"YOU DANCED WITH RIN! MY SHIP IS CANNON," Vicky yelled loudly. She then squealed.
"Why Vic... Why?! He's dating Shiemi."
"Well I saw the way he looked at you, and he lovvveess you!!"
"Whatever you say."
We put our books down at our spots, and she sat down.
"Hey I'm going to use the bathroom real quick."
"Okie doki, but hurry up! I want to know more details."
A laugh came out of my mouth as I walked out the classroom door. I always loved this hallway, with all it's colors. My shoes made a clacking sound against the tile floor.
"I think our relationship is a little awkward..."
I stopped in my tracks. That was Shiemi. Quickly I hid around a corner. In the distance there was Rin and her standing there.
"I think we should just be friends...
I'm sorry Rin," she said not making eye contact with him.
"No... It's okay. I feel the same."
NOO!! The can't be happening! They are so perfect for each other!! Why are they breaking up? I didn't find it awkward between them...
"Okay.... Again I'm sorry.."
"It's okay. I told you I felt the same right? Let's be friends still okay?"
She nodded, and started to leave. Thing is, she was walking in my direction. Screw the bathroom,
I have to get out of here.
Silently I ran back to the classroom.
No.... This can't happen... Rin...
He must have been heartbroken. He sounded like he was. I kept on telling him everything was going to be okay, but everything is falling apart. I felt like it was all my fault... All of this was because I got in the way of there relationship by pushing Rin to be friends. Yeah, that's what it was. Ever since the beginning that's exactly it.
When I arrived back in the classroom, Vicky gave me a confused look.
"That was a fast bathroom break."
"Yeah..."
Quickly I sat back down as lessons were about to begin.
Rin....

• • •
After class I told Vicky everything. She sighed.
"I know I should be sad but... MY OTP HAS A CHANCE TO CANNON!!"
"Seriously?! That's all you can think about."
"Well I hardly got to see them as a couple. Where they cute?"
"The cutest of them all."
She smiled.
"Shiemi is nice, but I don't think they were meant to be... I mean he is all bad boy and she is all shy... You and Rin defiantly look better."
"Oh? And whys that?"
"I don't know... Your crazy personality meets his perfectly.."
"VICKY WAIT!"
She stopped talking, and blushed.
"Shima.."
He stopped in front of us.
"I forgot to ask you," he said with his cheeks as pink as his hair. "Would you like to go on a date...? At 6 tonight..? I mean, if your not busy or anything!"
She laughed a little.
"Of course. Where at?"
"Maybe that new restaurant down in the plaza.. Yeah, so there?" He was stumbling over his words, making it extra adorable!
"Sounds great."
"Yeah..."
I didn't hear anything else because I carefully slipped away, giggling. This couple needed some time alone to chat. When I felt like I was far enough, I sighed in relief. They didn't notice that I left.
"Maybe I can get a little memorization in-"
Someone ran into me, making me drop all my books.
"Sorry."
"RIN?!"
His blue eyes grew wide as he saw that it was me. He didn't look good at all. Face completely pale, he helped me pick up all my fallen books.
"What happened?" I asked, acting like I didn't know anything.
"Shiemi and I... No offense Em you didn't have to cheer me up before. I knew she was going to dump me."
A frown formed on my face as I saw him trying not to cry.
"You really did love her didn't you?" I asked softly.
He nodded, and handed the books back to me. His eyes weren't crazy anymore when I looked at them. They were cold, lifeless, almost barren.
"Want to sit by me the next class?"
He nodded yet again, still upset. I smiled a bit, trying to lighten up the mood.
"Come on..."
We walked down the hallway slowly, together to our next destination.

• • •

During the whole class, we talked about happy things whenever we could. I didn't bring up Shiemi because he would frown again. That meant we didn't talk about the dance the other night. I didn't care, there were more things to talk about other than that. His smile lightened up both our moods. Honestly, I was just glad that that smile was back. His smile... I don't know what it did for me. No, I knew.
It made me keep moving forward.