Chapter 9

((Em's POV))

"Bye old man!"
"Goodbye Em. Make sure you water the plants as you go out."
"Alright I will."
I slid the shrine door shut, and picked up the watering can. The plants did look like they needed watered. The water flowed out in a steady motion as I tipped the can over the flowers.
'I wonder if Rin is okay... He seemed pretty upset thinking about his brother.'
The next plant next to the one I was watering looked worse. I started to water that one too.
'He looked at me with a sad look as he was heading out... I wonder what that was about...'
Carefully I put the can back, and started heading to the Cram school.
Well, I'll find out how it went with Rin visiting his brother today I guess.

• • •

Yukio still wasn't there. I suspected that since he got wounded badly. Rin was there though, but not Shiemi.
"Hey, where's Shiemi?"
"Oh... She's with Yukio. Taking care of him still..."
"Why do you seem so unhappy about that? Don't you want your brother to be okay."
He only sighed.
"I do but... I wish she was here..."
I automatically squeaked.
"That's so cute!!!!"
Then class had to begin, and I loved my spot right next to Rin.

• • •

After lunch with memorizing with the guys, Rin came up to me.
"Hey Em... Can I talk to you?"
I nodded, smiling.
"Sure. What's up?"
"Um... Your old man told me something's yesterday...."
I frowned. No, he couldn't have told him. That old man promised to tell no one!! I didn't want anyone else finding out about my parents.
"Your old school... With your friends..."
My eyes left his electrifying blue ones. I didn't say anything as he continued.
"You left them to become an exorcist... Why? I would want friends more than a dream."
"Rin... I wanted to become an exorcist my whole life. Now I have that chance to be one! Besides, we kept in touch for a little bit but it didn't work."
He looked a little angry with me.
"Still! I wouldn't have left!"
"Rin, I had no choice! My future is already set out for me!" I snapped.
"How is it?!?!"
"I HAVE TO RUN THE SHRINE AFTER MY OLD MAN IS GONE!!"
I calmed down a little bit.
"He's old Rin, you got to understand that. He's an Aria, and I'm following in his footsteps. This is the only school to train exorcists in Japan... I had to...."
Tears stung my eyes as remembered it all. The laughs, the sleepovers. I couldn't have those anymore with them.
"Em... Are you okay?"
"Yeah... Can you just leave me alone? I'm... I'm going to go write..."
"O-okay... I'm going to go check up on Yukio and Shiemi..."
"Yeah.. You do that," I said with my voice quivering.
I started to head down the hallway, but that one tear couldn't help but slip down my face and hit the cold floor.