[7] survive

song:
susie may - beabadoobee

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀

chapter 7: survive

A few weeks after my friends and I had all gleefully jumped into the lake as a big, happy, nonfunctional family, my physical wounds had finally healed, and I was able to participate in regular training again.

Today, the pressure in the air was suffocatingly high because, in 5 agonizingly long days, an important expedition was set to take place. The 57th Expedition was centered around Eren's Titan, proving to the MP's that he was not a threat...but I also suspected there was something Commander Erwin wasn't telling everyone. Maybe an alternative objective to the journey?

I was curious to know.

The Special Operations Squad was practicing hand to hand combat early this morning, mainly to boost our strength and stamina. We had been training our asses off, learning to trust each other's judgment.

Walking outside into the chilled morning air and dewy grass, I made my way to the training grounds. Through a wooded area, I saw Eren and gave him a friendly wave.

"Hey, Titan boy, how was last night?" I smirked.

"W-what do you mean?" Eren replied with a very nervous tone.

"Mikasa doesn't always sleep in our room. I'm not stupid, I know she's been sneaking out and spending nights with you...I've known for a while" I chuckled at his very embarrassed state.

"Y-YOU CAN'T TELL ANYONE, I'M SERIOUS MAE. GOD, THAT-THAT'S SO EMBARRASSING, YOU'VE KNOWN ALL ALONG?!" he yelled, as he facepalmed.

"My mouth is shut, just...stop getting so embarrassed over your relationship. Sex is normal, dude."

His face turned an even darker shade of rouge.

"MAE!" he shouted, slapping my shoulder.

"What are you two idiots doing?" Captain Levi said as he appeared with the rest of the squad.

"Nothing, Sir, Eren is just a wittle embawased" I mocked.

"Bitch" he coughed.

I flipped the angry boy off behind my back.

"Jaeger, stop getting all flustered about your girlfriend and get training."

"Uh...uh yes...YES, SIR!"

This kid.

"Mae, I want you fighting with Eld, Gunther with Eren, and Petra with Oluo."

Hell yeah, finally a fordable opponent this time. Thanks, Captain.