[25] blood

song:
did you see me cry - boy scouts

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀

chapter 25: blood

About an hour after Hange found our squad, we made a run for Rod Reiss' estate. I was ready to absolutely slaughter that asshole.

"Levi, how is it you lived with Kenny, but you hardly know anything about him? Did you two never talk?" Hange asked.

"Barely, I only just learned the man's last name. Our interactions only really consisted of him calling me names and combat training" Levi expressed, "Speaking of, his last name is Ackerman, maybe a distant relative of yours?"

He turned his attention toward Mikasa.

"Maybe" Mikasa gently murmured.

"Let me ask you this. Have you ever felt a sudden surge of power through your body?" Levi questioned.

Mikasa looked taken aback, slowly nodding in realization.

"So has Kenny Ackerman. Me too. Makes me wonder."

"Actually," I budded in, "Because my parents knew so many people around the ins and outs of things, they used to tell me old, unexplained stories of the Ackerman clan. Supposedly, they were a part of some sort of a titan experiment, back when the Walls didn't exist. I guess the Ackerman's were known as the 'throne's right hand' because they were extremely powerful, designed to protect an all-ruling, archaic king."

The glares I received were deadly.

"How come you never mentioned that, shithead?" Levi asked, clenching his jaw.

"You never asked?"

"Mae, what else do you know?" Hange inquired excitedly.

"I...uh" I hesitated, "What exists beyond the Walls..."

Crickets were loudly ringing in my ears as a result of the whole squad turning their attention to my unforeseen words. Blank, dismayed expressions smothered their faces.

"WHAT?"

"THE HELL?'

"I KNEW YOU WERE AN IDIOT, BUT I DIDN'T TAKE YOU TO BE THIS STUPID."

"YOU BITCH!"

"HUH? WHA?-"

"EVERYONE SHUT THE HELL UP" I screamed, silencing the morons, "I only just remembered these things the other day, you know, after witnessing my parents' deaths, fuckheads."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."