Why Can't We Be Friends?

Amity POV

Today is Violet's first day of going to a regular public school. I hoped that the morning would go smooth, unfortunately that was not the case. I ran down the staircase holding multiple notebooks, pencils, and other things she'd need. I walked into the kitchen where I found Luz making breakfast and Violet sitting down at the table eating her breakfast. They both seemed oddly calm. I placed the supplies down on the table across from Violet as I said " You two do know what today is, right?"

Luz chuckled a bit and calmly responded as she flipped a pancake catching it in the pan saying " Of course we do, but we're not all worrying and panicking about it. Violets a rock star, she's got this. " Violet nodded adding in " Yeah! This isn't like my first day of school, I had it in the orphanage too. " I sighed taking a seat down at the table as I said " Sure, but what about making new friends? I can assume they're gonna act a lot different than the people you knew at the orphanage. "

Violet seemed invaded as she cheerfully said " Well, Mom says I'm the most lovable thing in the world. So I think I'm gonna be just fineeeeee. " I face palmed slightly as Luz brought me a plate of pancakes and I then continued saying " Well, she's your Mother it's kinda her responsibility to say things like that. That doesn't mean the other kids will-" I was cut off by a swift yet held back bonk on my head from Luz, then I heard Violet snicker with laughter as she said " Ooooohhhhhh Mommy's in trouble!"

I looked up at Luz with a sorta apologetic smile and once Luz saw it she started by saying " Violet don't listen to your Mother, you're gonna do great my little flower. " I didn't comment again as I knew if I did I was going to be sleeping on the couch tonight. I finished up my pancakes and looked at the time, it was about 30 minutes until Violet's school started. I stood up grabbing Violet's backpack and putting the supplies I had gotten into it saying " c'mon we can't be late! Luz grab the keys please!"

Luz nodded grabbing the keys to the house and Violet followed behind her as she opened the door and they both walked out, I followed behind them and Luz tossed the keys to me which I caught and quickly locked up the door. Luz had persuaded me into getting a Pegasus carriage when going to places with Violet since she believed she wasn't ready to fly on a staff yet. I whistled and two Pegasus flew down from the sky towards us. They landed on the ground and I walked forward patting them on the head from time to time as I attached them to the carriage.

I then walked up to the front and got onto the driver's seat as I waited for both Luz and Violet to get into the carriage. Once they did I snapped the reins and the Pegasus ran into the air. I would be lying if I said that I wasn't worried for Violet, school can be a terrifyingly heartless place. I tried to push that thought away as we rode through the air and eventually made it to the Elementary division on Hexside. I was kinda happy that Violet was going to my old school but at the same time I hoped they wouldn't push expectations onto her because of me being her Mother.

Once I landed the carriage I jumped down onto the ground and opened the door for Luz and Violet, once they walked out I closed it behind them and Luz knelt down next to Violet and put both of her hands on her shoulders saying " Violet honey, I just want you to know that no matter what happens while you're here your Mother and I will always be here to help you through it. Just be yourself and if anything goes wrong, or a person starts being all mean to you never resort to violence. The better person holds themselves back. "

I walked up to Violet and patted the top of her head saying " Yeah, instead just tell me who is messing with you and I'll make sure to pay them a visit and ' persuade ' them to stop it. " Violet chuckled a bit but I totally meant all of my words. No one is messing with her and getting away with it, Luz nodded and stood up as she and I each grabbed one of Violet's hands and walked her up to the door. Once we walked in we went straight to the guidance office, we were told to head straight there once we arrived.

We walked in and found a women sitting at her desk, she looked a bit on the younger side and was currently writing something down on a notebook, once she heard us she looked up and smiled at us saying " Good morning Mrs. Nocedas if I'm correct?" Luz nodded as we all sat down on the chairs and the girl started off by saying " Hello Violet! my name is Miss Kenobi, and I'm your guidance counselor while you're at this school. " I tilted my head as I've heard that name before and I then asked her saying " Do you have a sister that works in the orphanage nearby?"

Her face lit up as she nodded saying " Yup! She's Rose Kenobi and I'm Satine Kenobi. What a coincidence that you met my sister!" Luz and I nodded chuckling a bit, Miss Kenobi then wrote something down on a small note card saying " Violet your classroom is room 501, if you have any problems during school hours you can always come here and discuss them with me if you want to, alright?" Violet nodded as Miss Kenobi handed her the note card and Violet read it saying " I'll be fine, how hard can 2nd grade be?"

------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry about this late chapter but I should be back on schedule now, I was just doing some work that needed to be finished before summer break and now that it's done I can return to this story.
-Argent