Chapter Ten

Let It Burn-Chapter Ten

PJ fumbled with his fingers "if you want we can stay at my house for a few days?" Dan nodded tiredly having PJ pull him up. "I'll go have Chris bring my car. Do you want to bring anything?" PJ started to make a checklist in his head. Dan slowly made his way to the shared closet grabbing out one of Phil's sweaters. PJ nodded "Chris should be here soon." Dan nodded picking at his sweatshirt. "Can I-" Dan pointed to Phil's sweater. "O-oh yeah. I'll turn away" PJ turned opposite of Dan humming a tune. "You can look now" Dan mumbled, PJ turned to look at Dan who was in a jean jacket. "Take what you need." PJ advised "how long are we staying at your house?" Dan asked, rubbing his eyes. "As long as you need, Sophie and Chris won't mind either." Dan jumped up "b-but the apartment" PJ stood up and put a comforting hand on Dan's shoulder. "I can ask Chris to watch over it while we're gone." Dan nodded sighing "y-yeah sure" 

PJ's phone pinged and he grabbed it from his back pocket and read Chris' message. "Alright, he's here." PJ helped Dan pack up what he wanted before Chris came in. "Hi Dan" Chris smiled sadly. "Hey" Dan looked down "so I'll be watching over your apartment and don't worry. I won't ruin anything. I brought stuff from my house when PJ texted me. Dan nodded "please try to keep out of mine and- my room" Dan fidgeted. "I will, I promise I'll be careful" Dan gave a small smile "thank you" he hugged Chris before following after PJ. "Bye Chris!" PJ looked back waving lightly before closing the apartment door. 

"You ready?" PJ asked lowly. Dan shook his head "I guess. I don't want to leave the apartment." PJ frowned, keeping silent as the two left the apartment. They got in PJ's car and drove in silence to his house. Dan laughed to himself as PJ drove. "This is stupid" PJ raised an eyebrow "what is?" He asked "you have to take care of me because Phil- you know. I feel like a kid. I feel like I'm being pushed and shoved. And now I have to be on meds." Dan frowned looking down at his lap. "But isn't that a good thing? You have support." Dan laughed coldly "the meds I have to take prevent me from being able to see Phil. Hallucinate as you would say." Dan rolled his eyes. "Not only that but I'm on depression meds." PJ let Dan ramble on the rest of the drive to the house.

When they arrived PJ took Dan's bags. "Stop, I'll grab them!" Dan growled, PJ stepped back "alright I can get the door?" He questioned "of course" Dan rolled his eyes. PJ walked away to leave Dan to himself. "Alright come in when you're ready?" PJ phrased it as a question to Dan, trying to keep him civil. "Sure" Dan shrugged watching as PJ closed the screen door of the house. 

PJ found Sophie in the house. "Okay, Dan is here but you have to be careful. He is very irritable as of right now." Sophie nodded "that's fine just let him be." She told PJ as she returned to watching tv. PJ had a bad feeling come over him but tried to shrug it off. He decided to keep a close eye on Dan. "I'm not four PJ! I don't need a babysitter." Dan sounded bitter as PJ gave a thumbs up "okay I'll leave you be then." PJ walked away and went to his living room as he sat with Sophie. Dan came in like an hour later greeting his friends. "Hi" he smiled at them PJ turned to Sophie. Sophie smiled at Dan "what's the hype today Dan?" She giggled as Dan bounced like à small child "I just feel peaceful." Dan shrugged, giggling to himself. "That's good" she smiled at him again "should we deliver in some food and we can talk about whatever you want?" She asked kindly, patiently waiting for Dan's response "okay" he giggled.