Chapter Twenty-One

Let It Burn-Chapter Twenty-One

Shortly after their banter Dan and Phil both fell into a long slumber. Arms locked within each other. Dan twitched in his sleep as Phil held him close. The older boy hugged him near. "You really think you can stop me Daniel! I'm the monster in your head! You can't escape me." The voice shouted disrupting Dan's dream. "I may be afraid of you now but look how far I've come. I'm no longer worried you'll try to hurt me because the truth of it is, you're the delusion that I see throughout the daylight and nighttime and you know what you helped me better myself when Phil left so if anything this is a thank you for invading my thoughts." Dan smiled at the voices' strangled thoughts "b-but you're supposed to fear me!" It shouted "I have my safe zone now it's time you let go" Dan spoke sincere. The voice thrashed "h-how are you doing this!" It let out a shrill scream. "Sometimes the things that scare you are only there to help you conquer them. I'm afraid of the dark yet with positive thinking and knowing that I'm imagining things. I'm not so scared." The voice let out one scream before it got sucked away by an angelic voice. "I'm so proud of you Dan. You fought it and won" Dan woke up to Phil smiling next to him. "Thank you" Dan laid à velvet kiss on Phil's lips. "Always" Phil smiled "and you fought your inner demons not me" Dan nodded "but you were what I thought about that made them go away." Phil chuckled "so I was the light within your darkness" Dan nodded a really genuine smile finally played on his lips. "I love you so much Phil." Phil giggled "and I love you too" he ruffled Dan's hair playfully.