Chapter Thirty-Two

Let It Burn- Chapter Thirty-Two

The three days passed ever so slowly as Dan continued to get antsy. "I'm okay I don't get why I have to be here still." Dan pouted looking at the doctor who examined him. "We're looking out for you Mr. Howell. We want to make sure you're happy." Dan let out a laugh "I wish" his eyes watered and his stomach twisted in knots. He seethed in pain as his stomach felt tight. He let out a cry "m-my" he couldn't finish his sentence as he sobbed again. "Dan, what is it?" Sophie asked, pushing the doctor aside. "I need food" he gritted his teeth as his stomach cramped up. Sophie nodded "what would you like?" She asked pulling out money. "Anything" Dan confirmed wrapping his arms around his frail body. Sophie ran out the door, her shoes squeaking down the hall as she found a vending machine. "Maltesers" she picked the number and letter watching as the package fell slowly. She waited patiently as they dropped down and she swiped them up. She ran through the halls throwing them through Dan's hospital room hitting Phil in the back of the head. "Oww" he rubbed his head turning around to see Sophie giggle "sorry, those are for Dan" Sophie pointed to the red bag on the ground. Phil grabbed them and handed them to Dan. "Food!" He exclaimed, ripping open the package watching in slow motion as the chocolate cascaded down his frame. He let out another stifled cry watching as a majority of them bounced teasingly on the floor then roll away. 

Phil grabbed at the others surrounding Dan. "It's okay." He handed Dan the handful watching the brunettes eyes light up. He giggled to himself and ate silently. He looked at Phil and smiled "share?" He asked, holding up his hand. Phil nodded lightly "thank you!" He exclaimed, popping two chocolates in his mouth. Phil pointed to the hospital bed "may I?" Dan giggled blushing at him. "S-sure" he scooted down letting Phil sit behind him. Phil's legs encased around Dan's own. Phil laid his head on Dan's shoulder and wrapped his arms around the younger boy. Dan melted into the hug with a smile.