Chapter Fourteen

Let It Burn-Chapter Fourteen

"Can we just leave please" Dan grimaced standing to his feet. His hair was every which way from his breakdown. Sophie and PJ stood behind him. "C'mon let's go" Dan pulled open the door making his way through the station and back to PJ's car. "Sophie, how are we going to get Phil from prison? I don't believe we have that much money to bail him out." PJ walked beside her "it's okay. We'll figure it out as we go." She let silence fill the air as they got to PJ's car. "Alright we'll be there in fifteen minutes or so" PJ commented as Dan looked out the window, his eyes refusing to stay open any longer. PJ tapped his fingers against the steering wheel as Sophie looked out the passenger side window. The rest of the ride was silent until PJ pulled up to the prison. "Should we let him rest?" PJ whispered looking back at Dan. "There might be a chance Phil can't leave so we might as well bring Dan in just in case." PJ nodded before lightly shaking Dan awake. "Dan we're here. We're going to try to get Phil out of here." Dan nodded blurrily before yawning. He followed after PJ and Sophie his legs buckling in and out as he stumbled behind them. They walked up to the counter "hi, we have bail money for Phil Lester." PJ handed over a large amount of cash getting a grunt from the guy at the counter. "You there. Go get Lester." The redhead male nodded "right away sir" he ran to go get Phil. 

The redhead ran until he saw the numbers on the suit that matched Phil's. "Mr. Lester, you're free to go" the redhead unlocked the bars releasing Phil and used another key to unlock the cuffs from his wrists and ankles. "Thank you" Phil smiled politely at the older boy. "Bye Phil!" The redhead shouted "bye Freddie!" Phil waved. 

He walked to the front, his ankles and wrists sore from the extreme tightness of the cuffs he previously had on. He rubbed his wrists as the skin bruised over. He ignored the slight pain as Freddie caught up with him. "Phil, let me walk you to your friends." Phil nodded letting Freddie grab his arm and guide him in the opposite direction Phil had been going. Freddie announced that Phil was near his friends catching the attention of Dan, Sophie and PJ. 

As soon as Dan saw Phil he launched himself forward and clung to Phil. "Phil you stupid fool" he felt many emotions wavering over him. "Dan!" Phil squeaked, examining Dan with his hands. "You seem like a hot mess" Phil giggled. PJ stepped back and smiled at Sophie. "Mission accomplished" he giggled watching as Dan and Phil caught up on their lives.

"Now Phil do you mind telling me why you stole a ring from a store?" Dan crossed his arms "ah yeah that." Phil closed his mouth trying to process the words right. "Before you panic I want you to tell you that the ring was not supposed to be an engagement ring like I was informed. We've spent ten years together with each other and I wanted to get you a promise ring. A ring to promise we can get through the highs and lows, black and white. I just wanted to see you smile because before I got locked up you seemed so sad and I may not be able to see it but I could always hear it in your voice. I just wanted to make you happy. After I had that accident I thought running away would make it go away. Yet I forgot that the only person I had was you at the time and I ran from that. With the thought on my mind I called someone and asked them to take me to a jewelry shop. I got led to the rings and picked a random one not recognizing a difference. Me being forgetful forgot that I put it on and put my hand in my pocket. I quickly put it back on whatever shelf I felt and the store owner called the cops on me. I got charged with a misdemeanor and was supposed to be sentenced to jail for five years. When I came here I thought I had to be tough and lie my way to the top so that's what I did until I ended up in handcuffs for both my hands and feet. Prison guards had to take me everywhere and would lock me down with the cuffs so I couldn't run. Luckily I've only been here two weeks. All the other time I've been away I felt homesick so I had a friend take me back to my home town." Dan nodded "I'm sorry you went through all that. But now we can go back home if you want?" Dan crossed his fingers. "Yeah sure" he smiled in the direction of his friends. "Hi PJ," Phil giggled, feeling PJ's curly hair. "Hi Phil, ready to head back home?" PJ asked and Phil nodded "more than anything. I missed so much while I was here." "Hi Sophie" Phil smiled "Phil, I kept Dan somewhat sane while you were away." She patted his arm. "Careful around him" Dan nodded "yeah" he giggled "when you left so suddenly I developed not only even harsher depression. But I got the joys or getting to see and hear you through hallucinations. It was definitely a rough time" Phil patted Dan's head "at least I'm here now. And I'll be staying this time." He smiled his fingers tracing Dan's eyes, nose and finally lips. Phil pressed a soft kiss to Dan's cracked one's "just as I remembered" he giggled pulling back. "Now let's go home" Dan led Phil out to PJ's car. His once tired eyes became filled with happy tears. He sniffled, making Phil look over "Dan are you crying?" He asked, tilting his head. "Yeah I am. I'm so freaking glad you're back. It feels so much better to see the real you rather than the delusions I had." Phil skimmed Dan's face slowly wiping gently at the tears. "I'm real. I'm so real Dan. I'm here and you don't have to worry." Phil felt for Dan's hand intertwining them.