Chapter Eleven

Let It Burn-Chapter Eleven

"Okay here's the spare bedroom. If anything goes wrong just shout for PJ or I." Sophie handed over a pillow and blanket. "O-okay thank you" Dan closed up. "I'm also here if you need to talk." Sophie gave Dan a quick hug before leaving him alone. Dan sighed sitting down on the large bed. He flopped backwards as he stared at the ceiling. "Hello Daniel" à voice cackled. Dan growled "what do you want now?" He spoke venomously "you think you can hide from the fact that the soulmate you bonded with is gone" the voice taunted making Dan grow furious "don't talk about Phil like that. He had no control over that!" Dan shouted. "Shame but are you sure he's actually gone" the voice hissed. "He did." Dan began to go into a spiral of lack of trust. 

"Sophie!" He shouted and minutes later she ran through the open door. "Dan, what is it" she sat across from him on the floor. "Do you think he's actually gone?" Dan tousled his locks of hair. "I have the hope to say no. Maybe he just thought you'd stop liking him after he had his accident." Dan shook his head "maybe" Sophie glanced at Dan. "Want to talk about it?" Dan nodded "it's just that I have this feeling that he's out in the world somewhere like he didn't just completely vanish. And if he did I still hear his voice and sometimes it feels like he's near me. I miss him and I'd be so happy to know he is away somewhere and safe." Sophie nodded "it's always good to be hopeful in stressful situations. It's cool that you guys have a special way of communicating too. It reminds me of a mind reader." Dan giggled "yeah. It does have its perks." Sophie nodded "what's it like?" Sophie asked in awe "how can you guys communicate like that?" She smiled, her interest peaking. "Well it's the voices that are in my head. I guess if I really focus on Phil it makes it seem that he really is here you know" Dan shrugged "I cope differently over grief. I get angry and it triggers blackouts. When I wake up I feel numb I guess. It's strange but it's true." Sophie nodded "thank you for gaining the courage to talk about this. I'm proud of you." Sophie walked over to Dan spreading out her arms. Dan nodded and gave into the hug. "Can PJ come talk to you?" Sophie asked, pulling back from the hug. Dan muttered a quick yes before Sophie walked out to go get PJ. 

"Hey Dan, can I sit next to you?" PJ pointed next to Dan on the bed. "Sure" he shrugged "I'm sorry for being a total jerk to you." Dan frowned "it's understandable Dan. No reason to apologize. But uh, I have some news for you." PJ looked everywhere but at Dan "yes?" Dan began to get heated "so there is a slight chance that Phil is still out there." Dan gawked "where? PJ Liguori and don't hold back the truth." Dan was fuming now "well…" Dan jumped up "out with it PJ where is my best friend?" PJ pulled Dan down "listen these could just be false but Chris told me that Phil is in prison" Dan laughed roughly "w-why?" He began to get manic "he stole something insanely surprising." Dan rolled his eyes "am I allowed to know what?" He asked, crossing his arms. PJ shook his head "I-I can't say. I'm sorry." Dan began to pace pulling at his locks of hair.

"So you're telling me that the same Phil Lester I spent ten years with… that passed away during a seizure has been stuck in prison for theft? PJ you sound more insane than me!" PJ pulled Dan in front of him "yes it is beyond weird. But Dan he could be out there. He told you at my party that he was a criminal. So he'd get at least five years in prison for what he stole. So he either suffers in prison or we go make up the money to bail him out. It's your choice." Dan nodded letting out a breath "let's go find him and if we do I owe a lot to you." Dan started to pack his stuff up "well come on Liguori do you think I'd let him sit in a cell for years." PJ stood up "Dan if he's not there I don't want you getting hurt." Dan pushed past PJ "oh just shut up I'll be fine. Now let's go!" Dan urged pulling PJ out of the room. "Sophie, we're going to go find Phil!" Dan shouted, Sophie stopped the boy's "where is he?" PJ wriggled from Dan's grip and whispered in Sophie's ear. "Oh okay, well can I at least join in on the journey?" She smiled "yes now let's go!" Dan ran out the front door. Sophie and PJ close behind. 

Sophie climbed in PJ's car and sat next to him in the passenger's seat. Dan sat behind PJ he felt jittery. "can't we call prisons and ask around for Phil?" Sophie suggested taking out her phone. PJ nodded "that we could but he could be in any state and there are a bunch of prisons." Dan shrugged "it's worth trying." 

After numerous phone calls Dan cried in defeat. "He isn't in prison. Where is he?" PJ raised an eyebrow "unless he broke out of prison he would still be there." Dan felt crazy "this doesn't feel real. How did he leave the house a year ago without me realizing it!" Sophie turned back to look at Dan "could it have been one of your overly stressed blackouts? He could have got up and left then as you had one." Dan scoffed "I refuse to believe he left in that circumstance." PJ nodded "I kind of agree with Sophie. He could have thought he caused you pain so he probably left to make it somehow easier on you?" PJ hypothesized making Dan sigh. "Can we please just find him?" Dan practically begged. So off the three went to solve the mystery of Phil Lester.