Chapter Six

Let It Burn-Chapter Six 

When Dan closed his carmel eyes he felt a cold breeze over him. He shuddered, pulling his knees against his chest. Phil's spirit kissed Dan on the cheek before slowly fading away leaving Dan's king sized bed empty. The music on his phone played softly. 

"Chest to chest

Nose to nose

Palm to palm

We were always just that close

Wrist to wrist

Toe to toe

Lips that felt just like the inside of a rose

So how come when I reach out my finger

It feels like more than distance between us" 

Dan dragged Phil into an empty bathroom shoving him against the grey chipped stall. His hands grazed Phil's face before he kissed Phil on his soft bubblegum lips. Phil grabbed Dan in the same way and planted a kiss on Dan's rough cracked lips. "You sure are crazy" Phil chuckled "but you love me" Dan pressed his lips to Phil's again. "Of course. You won't lose me that easily." Phil smiled as he ruffled Dan's curls. 

"I'm going under and this time I fear there's no one to save me

This all or nothing really got a way of driving me crazy

I need somebody to heal

Somebody to know

Somebody to have

Somebody to hold

It's easy to say

But it's never the same

I guess I kinda liked the way you numbed all the pain"

Dan sat on the red carpet which at the time seemed very inappropriate. He cried as he saw Phil face down on the carpet. "Phil, it's me Dan." Dan rolled Phil over to see that he was ghastly white, blood had poured previously from his nose and his eyes dulled before he lost consciousness and fell into the glass table in their living room. Dan called an ambulance and held Phil's hand checking him for glass shards. His hands and arms dripped cherry red as it mixed with the carpet. Dan panicked grabbing whatever he found first. He reached behind him to be met with soft carpet. He ripped his sweatshirt off and wrapped it around Phil's left arm. Dan shook his head as Phil's right arm dripped again. Dan didn't rush to get a paper towel because they had been out at the time. He ripped off his first shirt wrapping it securely around Phil's right arm and hand.

"Stay with me Phil" Dan began to let his tears soak Phil's white shirt. Soon the ambulance came and rushed Phil to the hospital letting Dan tag along. "Will he be okay?" Dan held back a cry the people in the car nodded. "He'll just need stitches from the looks of it. They grabbed paper towels from a bench and another EMT passed over their bottled water. Soon they cleaned Phil's face and made it blood free. When they arrived at the hospital they ushered the gurney into the hospital not waiting up for Dan. "Loss of blood! Patient fell through a glass table and sustained cut up arms and hands!" The front desk nodded "get to the ER" the EMT's rushed Phil away. Dan ran inside the building and leaned against the front receptionist desk. "Will Phil be okay?" Dan shuddered his heart throbbed and his breathing quickened. "We have hope he will be okay" the receptionist gave Dan a cup of water "you cannot see the patient right now. But as soon as he is out of surgery I'll let you know." Dan nodded "I-thank you" he quickened his pace to the waiting room. He sat down with his head in his hands. He knew Phil was clumsy but he should have seen the table. Dan let out soft cries into his hands as he waited for Phil to get out of surgery.